Pyrex Dishes  » Housewares  »
  • I don't however personally know anyone this has happened to

• by Sandi

I keep seeing stories of Pyrex dishes shattering, in some cases even cutting and hurting people. I don’t know what to think about this. I have had some of my Pyrex for years and years and some is fairly new.

I have never had any break other than by being dropped, and I have dropped pyrex and it did not even break. After reading about people taking dishes out of either microwave or oven

and having them shatter all over, I have caught my self being extra careful.

I cannot however give up my Pyrex dishes. I use my dises for baking, mocrowaving, storing, serving, and even my fovorite measuring cup is Pyrex.

There is nothing else on the market from what I have seen that is so versitile. I have had other baking dishes and casserole dishes that are glass, but after a few uses they look ...

• awful.

They just do not seem to come clean no matter what you do. Everything cooks into the glass somehow and I cannot get it out.

I can use these to bake in , but cannot serve them looking like this. There are way too many stories about shattering Pyrex for some of it not to be true.

I don’t however personally know anyone this has happened to. I can’t imagine what they could

be doing for this to happen.

I have used my dishes, some of them for years in everyway possible, and nothing like this has ever happened. I use Pyrex everyday for one reason or another.

Up until now I would have given Pyrex a perfict score. Although, I am not willing to give up my Pyrex, I am very careful and hold the dishes out away from me now when taking out of oven or microwave.

Pyrex Dishes

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531112919600431/k2311a1211/12.11.09