D Gourmet Chocolate Frosting 340g  » Food  »
  • Before this, I thought I had to make chocolate glaze from scratch in order to make my own chocolate ring donuts
  • It’s not as shiny looking as the commercial donuts out there in the food counters of say, Tim Hortons or Krispy Kreme, but this doesn’t mean that they are not as delicious, or even more
  • I definitely recommend this product to donut-loving soccer moms, although there’s just one thing I have to warn you about
  • It is imported from Uruguay, a hot Latin American country where cocoa is definitely an ideal produce
  • Take it from me, who keeps myself fit despite eating all the chocolate I like, because I just know when and when not to take it

• by RichieMogwai

I discovered the D Gourmet chocolate frosting only recently, and I was so glad I did. Before this, I thought I had to make chocolate glaze from scratch in order to make my own chocolate ring donuts. Not anymore!

I’m such a great lover of donuts, particularly those with chocolate topping on them. Don’t they just look so yummy and tempting in the display shelf?

I deep fry donuts and decorate them as part of my job as a baker helper at Safeway supermarket, but there’s nothing like

doing this at home. With commercial chocolate frosting, I had to do a lot of microwaving to achieve the right consistency for the glaze.

But with D Gourmet chocolate frosting, I find that there’s hardly any need for it. All I have to do is spread it on the donut surface. It’s not as shiny looking as the commercial donuts out there in the food counters of say, Tim Hortons or Krispy Kreme, but this doesn’t mean that they are not as delicious, or even more.

I definitely ...

• recommend this product to donut-loving soccer moms, although there’s just one thing I have to warn you about. It gets so tempting to get a spoon and put it straight in your mouth. Why, it tastes just like chocolate, and it is!

Luckily, this product isn’t much on the trans fat level, just 11 per cent per two tablespoons. The overall fat content is also manageable, at only 8 percent, and salt content is only 4 per cent.

Still, I have to advise you to

be easy on this chocolate glaze as it’s so tempting to gobble up. It is imported from Uruguay, a hot Latin American country where cocoa is definitely an ideal produce.

When applying it on your favorite donut, I suggest you just spread a thin film over it so you can control your sugar intake and your kids’ as well. Take it from me, who keeps myself fit despite eating all the chocolate I like, because I just know when and when not to take it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271112919500431/k2311a1211/12.11.09