Carriage House II Ceiling Fan  » Housewares  »
  • Tug on it wrong or too hard, and it can break, and then you'd really have a problem
  • I love the motif used to adorn the bulbs, for example

• by Orrymain

This past summer we added a couple of new ceiling fans to our home, one for the dining room and one for a bedroom being used as an office. The ones picked out are both Carriage House II Ceiling Fan, though they have different designs. Having used these now for months, we’re very happy with them.

However, they aren’t perfect. One

thing I sorely miss in these fans are the inclusion of remote controls. Instead of being able to quickly and immediately turn them on when entering a room, for example, you have to go to the fan and pull on the hanging chain. I much prefer the Hampton Bay ceiling fans that I have where I can control the fixture by ...

• remote, especially since I can turn on the light without the fan and vice versa. It’s just more complicated and a little annoying with the Carriage House fans. Also, you have to be very careful with the fans. Tug on it wrong or too hard, and it can break, and then you’d really have a problem.

On the good side, though,

these Carriage House II Ceiling Fans are more decorative. They fit a more rustic decor and have a look more befitting their locations. I love the motif used to adorn the bulbs, for example. It’s almost antique-ish on one of them.

Overall, the fans have performed very well. They are indeed pretty to look at it and they get the job done.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531112919220431/k2311a1211/12.11.09