Scrubs: Our Role Model  » TV  »
  • This was the best episode of the new season
  • The main problem I had with this season so far was that the new characters weren't working for me
  • It's a big step up from the previous episodes and I think the writers are starting to feel the learning curve kick in as they try to figure out how these characters play off of each other

• by David Finniss

This was the best episode of the new season. I haven’t really been digging this new setup, but the show seems to be finding it’s footing. I was relieved to see Faison, Braff and McGinley added to the main credits but then it’s ruined by J.D talking about how he’s eventually leaving.

That’s but a minor gripe, this episode starts to channel all the things that made the show so great in

the first place. Sure it’s still lacking in that the absence of the other characters is rather conspicuous and noticable, but the jokes this time around were much better and it had heart. The main problem I had with this season so far was that the new characters weren’t working for me. As the season has progressed, Lucy, Drew, and Cole have started to become a bit more fleshed out. Ok, Cole’s ...

• not really fleshed out but he’s funny. I’d probably hate him in real life, but watching him on television is hilarious, and hate or no hate “Dr. Wolverine” is funny.

The episode acts as a throwback in a lot of ways, elements from the old style were brought in, JD’s desire for attention from Cox and even Carla gets a mention while at a bar. Most of the humor comes from the bizarre

relationship between Turk and JD. It’s been flanderized to hell over the years but it’s still amusing to watch.

I’m not sold on this season yet, but it’s heading in the right direction and that’s something. It’s a big step up from the previous episodes and I think the writers are starting to feel the learning curve kick in as they try to figure out how these characters play off of each other.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 101112919140431/k2311a1211/12.11.09