Verizon
  • There are always people looking to get their first cell phone and they should know what networks are the best
  • With most phones offering a full keyboard, texting has become much easier and convenient
  • Verizon offers a variety of plans, each at a different cost and offering a differing level of minutes
  • If you're looking for a phone service, I would highly recommend Verizon

• by David Finniss

Verizon has become the go-to company for cell phones. It’s no mystery as to why. The plans are affordable, almost everyone uses it so the unlimited “in” calling can be put to good use and they have good coverage.

You might be wondering why I”m even reviewing Verizon if all of this is true. I say, why not. There are always people looking to get their first cell phone and they should know what networks are the best.

You really can’t go wrong with Verizon, they provide you with more than enough minutes and you have unlimited texting. Trust me, that comes in handy. With most phones offering a full keyboard, texting has become much easier and convenient. Companies used to nickel and dime you, even for texts that you received but Verizon moved past that.

Verizon’s coverage is also very good. Very rarely do I come across

an area where I can’t make a phone call and my roommate’s smartphone gets wi-fi access pretty much anywhere. I can’t wait til I have the money to get me one of those smart phones as they look pimp, but alas I’m poor. I digress.

Verizon offers a variety of plans, each at a different cost and offering a differing level of minutes. If you don’t talk all that much, you can get one of the bare bones plans that allows you to talk when you need it, but doesn’t drain your wallet. If you’re on the phone all of the time, they have plans for you as well.

The staff in store is very courteous and they are very knowledgeable about the various products that they offer. They have managed to answer all of our questions in a prompt manner. They also do a good job of ...

• telling you the pros and cons of each phone so that you can make a decision yourself.

As for locations, you can go to any electronics store like Best Buy and pick up a phone or you can go to a Verizon store and they will give you a wider variety of products that work with their service.

If you’re an Apple guy, this service won’t work with the Iphone as it only works with AT&T right now, but companies like LG offer phones that do similar things so you don’t really need to worry about that unless you’re adamant about the iPhone.

Web service comes on the phone, but it costs a little extra. My phone has limited capability. I can login to Twitter, but it won’t allow me to post. My guess is that I would have to pay a little extra and that right now I have

“read only” capability. As I said before, if you get the internet phone it will cost you a little extra, but you will get your money’s worth. My roommate is often playing with his phone, even when he’s chilling at home with his laptop in front of him so that should tell you something about the internet.

If you live with roommates or have a family who all want phones, Verizon offers a family plan that lets you share minutes in bulk so that you don’t have to pay a rate for every single phone.

If you’re looking for a phone service, I would highly recommend Verizon. They offer a quality product and the cost isn’t too high. Really, you can’t ask for anything more than that. It’s become one of the big phone names because of customer satisfaction and it really does live up to the reputation.

Verizon

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 221112919090431/k2311a1211/12.11.09