Desitin Creamy Diaper Rash Ointment
  • My brand new granddaughter unfortunately has a diaper rash on her little bottom
  • I noticed that Desitin Creamy claims to be the number one choice of pediatricians and moms for a diaper rash ointment
  • I did buy it for a little under $4.00 and it is available at any retail outlet for about the same price that I paid for it
  • I like this diaper rash ointment for its powdery fresh scent
  • I would only recommend this product for a very mild case of diaper rash in its beginning stages

• by Breezewriter

My brand new granddaughter unfortunately has a diaper rash on her little bottom. It isn’t severe enough to get treatment from the doctor, so I was able to go to my local drug store for an over the counter diaper rash cream. I noticed that Desitin Creamy claims to be the number one choice of pediatricians and moms for a diaper rash ointment.

I did buy it for a little under $4 and it is available at any retail outlet for about the same price that I paid for it. Desitin Creamy diaper rash ointment’s purpose is to provide

overnight relief while it helps heal and soothe diaper rash.

It also has the capability to prevent diaper rash according to the claim on the packaging, by sealing out wetness. One of the main ingredients is zinc oxide; and the ointment is hypoallergenic to prevent any allergic reaction to baby’s skin.

It comes in a fresh scent so baby doesn’t smell like medicine. The most effective way to use this product is by changing the baby’s diaper, and washing the infected area clean.

Allow the area with the rash to dry and then apply the Desitin Creamy ointment.

• It is safe enough to use as often as needed and with each diaper change.

Desitin advises it is especially beneficial if used at bedtime. I like this diaper rash ointment for its powdery fresh scent.

It allowed my granddaughter to smell good the way a baby ought to smell. I really cannot say if it provided overnight relief, because the diaper rash did not get bad enough for her to show any signs of discomfort, nor did she shed any tears to make me or her mother think she was in pain.

I do believe that it has helped

in the healing of the diaper rash over several days, however it was not as quickly as I would have like it to work. The ointment is too moist, so I had to use it sparingly being that the best way I believe to heal a diaper rash is by keeping it clean and dry.

I really do not feel that this is the best choice for a diaper rash cream for my granddaugher, and it is too pricy for my budget. I would only recommend this product for a very mild case of diaper rash in its beginning stages.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 541112919070431/k2311a1211/12.11.09