Jonathan Safran Foer - “Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close”  » Books  »
  • I know it's better to read a book a long time, so you can feel it, but Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close quickly become too close you and you are not able to part with it

• by ganimed

I wanted to read this book a long time ago. One morning I wake up, I made coffee and began to read. And I could not let it go.

I didn’t get up from the bed until the evening. The book just did not want to let me do anything.

The topic of the book is surprising -. 09 / 11, because there already have been written enough stuff about that, but in this case it is an occasion to begin a story about

human trials, mistakes, good and evil, encounter, which govern our lives and graciously allowed us to think we manage it ourselves.

The story is told from the perspective of eight year old boy. In an attempt to unravel the story of his father and his death, he set up in motion around him stories of a dozen people.

Parallel with that storyline is developing another, related to the bombing of Dresden and the persecution of Jews during the war. All storylines are intertwined in a ...

• strong unit which seemed to me that there is no way to unravel.

And yet it happened. And it just so.

The end of the book leave you speechless - light and you feel like an air. My favorite moments are several small stories within the larger ones.

For example the story for the bracelet with rubies, which the father of the character gave to her. Bracelet was big and heavy for her wrist, but he told her that he ordered one, because so he

loved her so much.

She tells the story of her grandson and admits to him that she loves him so much that if she gave him a bracelet, it would have measured the wrist twice. I read and saw myself in some of the stories and I am sure you can find in them too.

I know it’s better to read a book a long time, so you can feel it, but Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close quickly become too close you and you are not able to part with it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171112918780331/k2311a1211/12.11.09