Korg Triton music workstation sampler  » Electronics  »
  • Once I started using the sequencer mode to create my own songs I noticed that amazingly enough it is not possible to save your work in the internal memory of the triton, actually you can but you loose it as soon as you switch off the equipment
  • Best option is to connect a audio interface like the line 6 pod studio that I bought and for 70 dollars you can produce what I believe to be some decent quality recordings
  • Altogether I would buy it again as I enjoyed a lot playing with it, plus being a bit older you might be lucky and find some good deals out there

• by cillo

The Korg Triton music workstation/sampler is dated (year 2000) but powerful. The list of possibilities is just huge and I must say that scared me of a little in the beginning.

The touch screen is really good and once you get familiar with the commands it is possible to outer your musical fantasies really fast and easy.

possible to save your work in the internal memory of the triton, actually you can but you loose it as soon as you switch off the equipment.

If you want to save something you have to get a floppy disc or a scsci card to connect an external hard drive.

Best option is to connect a audio interface like the line 6 pod studio that I bought and for 70 dollars you can produce what I believe to ...

• be some decent quality recordings.

The quantity of sounds available is really big, nicely organized, the arpeggiator function is great, it has real time control knobs that aloud you to modify up to eight parameters while recording and you can record up to 16 tracks each song.

If you use the triton as a stand alone music station I find it slightly complicated in the use, but connected with a laptop it gets much easier to ad some

finishing touches to your songs.

I have the 61 key model, which is enough for what I do with it, I’m not a professional musician, later models do have an USB connection, if you have the choice I would go for one of those.

Altogether I would buy it again as I enjoyed a lot playing with it, plus being a bit older you might be lucky and find some good deals out there.

Without a doubt a good price/quality relation.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161112918770331/k2311a1211/12.11.09