Betty Crocker Authentic Cornbread & Muffin Mix  » Food  »
  • One of the reasons I decided to give it a try is that it's a smaller pouch, which I prefer
  • I'm not sure that it's better than Marie Callender's, but it's definitely a good tasting cornbread

• by Orrymain

I’ve written a review in the past for Marie Callender’s Cornbread and it is yummy, but I saw this one recently and decided to give it a try. Overall, I have to give Betty Crocker Authentic Cornbread & Muffin Mix a good review. One of the reasons I decided to give it a try is that

it’s a smaller pouch, which I prefer. This one makes one 8” square pan of cornbread which is just about right.

The good news: I love the ease in cooking. It’s a matter of stirring together an egg, a bit of milk, some melted butter, and the mix. Then just bake it. Quick and ...

• simple. It also tastes pretty good. I’m not sure that it’s better than Marie Callender’s, but it’s definitely a good tasting cornbread.

You can also make skillet cornbread or muffins out of this, but I only made the regular baked cornbread so can’t talk about how the other options turn out.

The bad news: It got a little

extra brown on the top for me, but that could be just oven positioning and it really didn’t rise like I expected it to and certainly not as well as Marie Callender’s did. However, that didn’t affect the taste at all.

I’ll be buying this again. For me, it satisfies a need, so I’m pretty happy with it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271012918200831/k2311a1210/12.10.09