Michelina’s Swedish Meatballs
2.0
  • The price is right for Michelina's frozen foods, even though they are Weight Watchers, which I know I don't like
  • Now I think part of the problem with the Michelina's Swedish Meatballs is that the container Michelina's uses is so darn cheap

• by Orrymain

For some reason, I gambled on buying Michelina’s Swedish Meatballs the other day. The price is right for Michelina’s frozen foods, even though they are Weight Watchers, which I know I don’t like. The thing is that I had one really good one of these and so

I keep hoping to find another one that is as good. That just hasn’t happened.

Now I think part of the problem with the Michelina’s Swedish Meatballs is that the container Michelina’s uses is so darn cheap. You have to pull back slightly to vent, which is okay, but for this particular food, they want you to cook it for a few minutes and then pull it out, lift up the cardboard lid, stir both the noodles and the sauce with the meatballs and then cook it again for another couple of minutes.

With such a cheap cardboard,

• Michelina's Swedish Meatballs
      once you lift that lid off, you cannot get it to down without tethering it somehow. It just sticks up and they specifically say to put the lid back down. It just doesn’t work.

The result for me is that some noodles were cooked thoroughly while others would

have just a hard piece, and not just on the ends but in the middle. The meatballs also lacked consistency. I just couldn’t even finish it. I treated my dogs to the product.

If the product could be cooked with consistency with the lid covering, it might be different.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271012918190831/k2311a1210/12.10.09