Atari Arcade Hits For Computer  » Games  »
  • I was just disappointed that I didn't get the other games

• by sofcthy

My husband used to work for a man who serviced vending machines in different companies. He also owned an arcade….this was back when having an arcade, or going to an arcade, was the fun thing to do.

I remember I used to go to work with my husband when he was covering the arcade if someone called in sick. He would give me tokens and I would go and play the games. I especially loved Ms. Pacman, Centipede and another game I cannot remember the name of where I had to shoot places as they attacked me.

I loved these arcade games so much that when the trend of going to an arcade began to wear off and my husband’s boss sold

all of his games and converted the arcade into a large storeroom for his vending business, I begged my husband to buy one of the games. We ended up having a Ms. Pacman game in our kitchen. When I was pregnant with our first child, we would sit and play that game whenever we had any down time….I guess that is why my son loves video games to this day, even at 23.

I was out shopping one day and came across the Atari Arcade hits game. It was priced at only $15.00 which was a bargain for a computer game that had many different games to choose from. I was unhappy that it did not have Ms.

• Pacman on it, but I figured I would settle for Centipede and try out the other computer games.

I ended up hating the Atari Arcade hits game. Why? Out of the six games listed, I only understand how to play 3 of them. The Atari Arcade hits games has Missile Command, Tempest and Asteroids…I have no clue. However, the ones I do understand how to play….Pong, Superbreakout and Centipede are very fun and addictive.

Centipede is a game where you shoot at a centipede type shaped thing coming your way while dodging a spider. When you shot the centipede, it turns into a mushroom, making the game harder and harder as it goes along since the centipede turns at every

mushroom, making it come down faster and faster.

Pong is like a tennis game. Simple, easy to play and fun. Super Breakout is really addictive. It is sort of like ping pong but in this game, you have to knock every block off the screen in order to go to the next one. As you knock more and more of them off, your paddle becomes smaller. As you move from board to board, they get harder as well, even beginning to move towards you.

All in all, I guess I can’t complain. Three out of six games worth playing and only paying $15.00 for a computer game….it was worth it. I was just disappointed that I didn’t get the other games.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 281012917980831/k2311a1210/12.10.09