2003 Chevy Cavalier  » Cars  »
  • He had seen how much trouble his father and I had with other vehicles and the windows when the screwed up, so he chose to take the smart route, in my opinion
  • The only problem I have with the Chevy Cavalier that he chose is that the color is gray, thus it is beginning to fade

• by sofcthy

When our son turned 16, we bought him a small car for $150.00. This was a bargain since it was in good condition….we bought it from a friend, so we were lucky.

When our son got ready to start his senior year in high school, his father took him out to choose a new car. Our philosophy, let them drive an older, used car in good shape for a few years before jumping right into a new car….get some driving experience under their belt.

My son chose the 2003 Chevy Cavalier. It is now 2009, almost 2010 and my son is still driving this car. He

says he will continue to drive his Chevy Cavalier until it completely stops running. He totally loves everything about this car.

He did not choose the Chevy Cavalier with the electric windows, choosing instead to have manual roll up windows. He had seen how much trouble his father and I had with other vehicles and the windows when the screwed up, so he chose to take the smart route, in my opinion. My son had a contract for regular oil changes, rotating tires…the usual maintenance things. He has always taken care of the car and that could be the reason it runs so ...

• good, since we all know that proper maintenance can mean everything when it comes to a car, even if they are new.

I have driven my son’s car, even though he really does not like me to, which I can understand. No one really likes loaning their car to anyone, not even family. Every time I have driven this car, I am amazed at how well it drives. Even though my son’s Chevy Cavalier is older now, I still feel no bumps in the road (unless it’s a huge pothole or something). The steering is so easy, as are the brakes. And the stereo

system, which includes cd and radio, have a wonderful sound to them still, even though my son has a tendency to crank that music up when a good song comes on.

The only problem I have with the Chevy Cavalier that he chose is that the color is gray, thus it is beginning to fade. We all know that when choosing certain colors, there is a chance that the sun will fade them over time and gray seems to be the worse. Also, the paint seems to want to peel (just a bit) in a few places.

Overall, the Chevy Cavalier is a nice car worth looking at.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 91012917970831/k2311a1210/12.10.09