2004 Saturn Ion  » Cars  »
  • We were also impressed with the fact that the Saturn is made so that dents pop right back out
  • To which my husband replied, Yeah, but definitely not that one
  • Overall, I would recommend the Saturn Ion to anyone

• by sofcthy

Back in 2004, my husband and I were looking for a car. We searched many car lots before coming up on Saturn. My husband had always liked the look of a Saturn and was interested in seeing what they had to offer, so we stopped.

The 2004 Saturn Ion has a great body. Sporty, yet compact. There were many colors to choose from, but we fell in love with the dark blue car with grey interior. We were also impressed with the fact that the Saturn is made so that dents pop right back out. Although the salesman we talked to had a rather unorthodox way of showing us just how great it was that the Saturn Ion could pop out dents.

We

were looking at a white Saturn Ion when the salesman walked up to us. One of the first things he talked to us about….after the low price compared to other cars of this size….was the fact that it was hard to dent the Saturn Ion. He began kicking the car time and time again, as we stood back in shock. When he was finished, he turned and asked my husband, “Do you want to buy one today?” To which my husband replied, “Yeah, but definitely not that one.” I had to laugh.

It is now 2009 and our Saturn Ion is still going strong. We have not had to make any major repairs of any kind. All we have had to ...

• do is the usual….oil changes, etc. We did not have to pay for those for two years and then after that we could buy a plan….which we did.

The salesman may have been crazy in how he showed us that the body of the Saturn Ion could take small hits without looking bad, but he was right. And the Saturn Ion drives like a dream. It is one of the most smooth cars I have ever driven.

I truly love the Saturn Ion, not only for the body style and smooth driving but also for the gas mileage. We get about 35 miles to a gallon on the highway and about 30 in the city.

There are only two drawbacks to the Saturn Ion.

The seats tend to get stained very easily, even with water. Also, when the weather is very, very cold there is some trouble getting it to start, but once it does, the Saturn Ion is fine. It handles well in the snow and runs good, it’s just getting it started.

The getting started problems is not as bad as it sounds. We have found that if we go out and try to start it once, we have to wait around 10-15 minutes before going out and trying again. At that time, it usually starts right up. So we just have to remember to get ready to leave 10-15 minutes earlier in the winter time.

Overall, I would recommend the Saturn Ion to anyone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 91012917960831/k2311a1210/12.10.09