The Craft of Baking by Karen DeMasco and Mindy Fox  » Books  »
  • I found great assistance from the pages of this book
  • I think the authors here are the masters of baking

• by ladyli

One gift I really find very useful for a mother like me whose one passion is Baking is this book: The Craft of Baking: Cakes, Cookies, and other Sweets with Ideas of Inventing your own (Hardcover) by Karen DeMasco and Mindy Fox. A beloved friend gave this book to me when she learned my passion for Baking. She bought this purposely for me and it was new and still untouched when it came to me. Wow! This is one Baking Book that really delighted me.

It is composed of 256 pages and each page excites me! The book is written in English and instructions to all the recipes are clear, simple and so easy to follow. Each recipes are worth trying. The book really helps me to be more imaginative as

it is filled with countless ideas that will enable you to think and invent on your own.

I was able to successfully delight my family with my own version of Strawberry Granola Bars as inspired by the Rasperry Granola Bars. I followed every ingredient and amount and the procedure in the book except for the Raspberry preserves which is not available in my kitchen that time of baking. Well I got strawberry preserves so I used it instead and you know what the result is just as great.

My family could not help but ask for more. I have had several experiments using the recipes in this book and all have been successful.

I’ve found in the books almost all recipes that I’ve been wishing to make myself from sweets, pies, cakes,

• muffins, crumbles, jellies, candies even ice cream and custards, and more.

I would say this book is bottomless. It does not run out of ideas at all. At anytime I need help, I need not ask anyone, this book is the only answer.

It is like I have attended a one full seminar on Baking. It really enhanced my craft and it gave me expertise in the art of Baking. I found great assistance from the pages of this book.

I valued the tips and tricks that this book teaches. It makes me really knowledgeable in almost all aspects of baking, making sweets, desserts, sauces and many more that I really did not even know I could ever do before. I used to struggle with the amount of ingredients but

with this book I find my baking turning perfect day by day.

I religiously followed every specified amount of ingredients stated in any particular recipe of my choice. I think the authors here are the masters of baking. They’ve really taught me a great deal.

I never tasted my baked product as yummy as when I’ve not discovered yet this book. I am lucky enough to have this book as gift and those who are not lucky as I am I think it this book is worth buying. You will not regret buying this book.

This is not like other books that will leave you confused. It would rather make things easy for you and will even more enhance your thinking power so that you will come up not just learned but creative too.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171012917780831/k2311a1210/12.10.09