The Velvet Apricot Lip Balm by The Body Shop  » Cosmetics  »
  • I noticed that the cold season has come much earlier this year, but, I’m glad The Body Shop has good lip balm products so I don’t really need to worry a lot
  • I’ve proven most of their lip balm products already and I think they’ve been really effective in protecting and moisturizing my lips
  • I like the sparkling finish it gives to my lips and I like even more the fruity flavor
  • The flavor is just mild to my taste and I love the way it is

• by ladyli

My lips would certainly turn dry and flaky during cold weather. Of course this could lead to lip irritations or sores if not given due treatment. This is the reason why I always make sure that I have a lip protector during cold seasons. I noticed that the cold season has come much earlier this year, but, I’m glad The Body Shop has good lip balm products so I don’t really need to worry a lot. Whenever I start to feel the drying effect of the cold weather I have The Body Shop to turn to. I’ve proven most of their lip balm products already and I think they’ve been really effective in protecting and moisturizing my lips. Besides the all natural ingredients of their products make it really very safe to use.

This time

around , I opted to buy the Black Velvet Apricot Lip Balm. This is a new variant in the line of lip balm products of Body Shop. I am always excited to try a new beauty product so when I saw this the Black Velvet Apricot Lip Balm I immediately.

Just like the other lip balm products of The Body Shop this Black Velvet Apricot smoothly spreads over my lips. It gives a very soft feel on my lips and the lips is instantly healed of dryness as soon as the balm is applied over. I like the sparkling finish it gives to my lips and I like even more the fruity flavor. The flavor is just mild to my taste and I love the way it is. Of course I don’t like my lip ...

• balm to feel like I am eating sweets. It has very mild fragrance too. According to the product description, it has black velvet apricot extract that adds festive juicy fragrance and certainly it really does. This fragrance of this balm brings in some merry mood maybe because it is juicy, light and fresh.

What I like about Black Velvet Apricot Lip Balm is its lasting moisturizing and softening effect on my lips. Unlike other lip balms that could not heal and would just cover the dryness, this Black Velvet Apricot Lip Balm does not just cover my lips but it has the capacity to penetrate and lock in the moisture so that it really gives healing effects too. The reasons for the healing effects are of course because of the natural ingredients in this product namely

the organic beeswax that seals in moisture, the vitamin E which of is known as natural anti-oxidant, the Lanolin which has moisturizing effect too and of course the Apricot extracts. Apricot has become one popular ingredient in natural beauty products because its oil is easily absorbed by the skin and besides it is odorless and colorless making it really perfect for beauty products. I also know that Apricot has some good therapeutic properties on the skin so whenever I see apricot ingredient in a beauty product, I am confident it will give good results. The Velvet Apricot Lip Balm did not fail my expectation. This creamy and soft balm is worth of every purchase. It has fully delivered the softness and moisturizing effects that keep my lips kissable even during this very cold weather.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311012917760831/k2311a1210/12.10.09