Aiwa Compact Disc Stereo System XR-H2000  » Electronics  »
  • At any rate, I thought it did not hurt to try and even if I make a mistake, there’s no damage I could possibly incur on the stereo system itself
  • I do not even need to clean the tape heads inside the recorder as until now, my cassettes still play without a problem

• by bethbarl

This is a very old model of a stereo system which we got while living in South America. During our next postings abroad we took it whenever we would move from one country to another. At that time, it costs about $ 200. I want to review how it has performed for me over the last 12 years. It’s nearly as old as my oldest child and I am simply amazed at how good the quality of this product is.

This stereo system is composed of 2 speakers which are powerful enough, a disc player which can load up to 3 CDs, 2 cassette slots and a radio. What is missing is just a turntable. I set-it up rather easily but only after reading the manual thoroughly. It was not that difficult to get the thing going although the first few years when we got this stereo, it was not complicated. I just

played this electronic by itself which means basically, the CDs, radio and cassettes. I would also record something on the cassette tapes from the radio or record from CD to a cassette or recording from one cassette no another. I always had to read the recording function as I did not do this everyday. But, the manual is quite user friendly. I just made sure to read carefully the directions which are in fact stated step by step with the corresponding diagrams. At any rate, I thought it did not hurt to try and even if I make a mistake, there’s no damage I could possibly incur on the stereo system itself. Just wasted efforts and tapes or cassettes which are empty.

These days though this stereo is hooked not only to the TV but also to the screen projector whenever we want to watch something on the big screen. Connecting it on the ...

• TV and the projector makes the sound quality of what we are watching much better as the sound is more movie like, sort of watching in a theatre or cinema. It was also easy to connect it to these extra devices as there are super woofer jacks, video/aux, md and line out jacks which are available on this gadget.

Otherwise, audio playback is really good and I can even play with different sound effects. For example I could increase the treble or bass , have a disco effect, drums playing in between songs and other funny sounds. I could create certain effects with the stereo’s synthesizer. The karaoke function also is there and the whole family had actually fun once in a while singing with some of our karaoke tapes.

In all the years this stereo has been with us, not once did it break down despite that it has moved already to its 4th

continent at the moment. Maintenance was really very low and uncomplicated, I just had to wipe the unit with a moist or damp cloth once in a while. I do not even need to clean the tape heads inside the recorder as until now, my cassettes still play without a problem. The CDs are the same, I just have to make sure that they are periodically cleaned when songs are skipped or jumping on my playlist.

As this stereo never gave us a problem, I am actually in a dilemma whether to sell it or not when our current stay in this country ends. It may be outdated in terms of the model/style but all the functions of this stereo works very well. Audio playback is very good, it is easy to operate and there is no high maintenance involved. It appears to be a very sturdy stereo as well and did not give us any problems at all.

Aiwa Compact Disc Stereo System XR-H2000

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161012917520731/k2311a1210/12.10.09