Maybelline Mineral Powder Natural Perfecting Concealer  » Cosmetics  »
2.0
  • This was the main problem that I had with the powder form concealer
  • With my experience as mentioned above, this is not true

• by becca5040

The fastest way to hide the imperfections under your eyes is through the use of a concealer. I often dab a small amount in my eyes during those times when we need an immediate cover up. Eye creams takes the long road on puffiness and dark circles but a concealer is the shortcut. I just don’t use concealer for my dark circles but likewise for my freckles on my face. I have to place a dot in every freckles I have and then on top of it, I have to apply foundation still. I would love double coating so that it won’t clearly be seen from afar. Concealer often promise good coverage, superior block out on the flaws on your face. My problem is on the coverage. Even if I have tried a product which gives me

superior coverage, after several minutes it seems, the intention of hiding something seems to be so fleeting. Where is the full coverage promised?

My previous makeup artist recommended this concealer to me. I tried it because he said so. My makeup artist always has this influence on me. In some of the products that he recommended, some worked for me so when he asked me this, I did not hesitate to try it.

This concealer claims it has micro-minerals which offers natural coverage for your flaws. I suspect this might be too cakey when it touches your skin. This was the main problem that I had with the powder form concealer. Even if you have to wet your face pad, when the concealer dries, there are residues that surfaces on your skin. Other concealer in liquid form often ...

• feels like cake when it dries up. This one is no different. I tried a small portion first under my eyes. I hate it when the concealer outlines the fine lines beneath it and when it dries it appears obvious. This one gave me that effect. It was too obvious and it does not go seamlessly when you apply it. The worst result was when it feels like cake.

In the cartoon, it says, “0% talc” which is a good booster if you are still checking its label before purchasing. When a product is 0% talc, it would give you a smooth finish which is a very natural smooth one. With my experience as mentioned above, this is not true. It looked so obvious and very cakey.

As to coverage, I would say this is a good. Dark

circles are concealed naturally. It gives the surface a smooth finish but as to lasting effects like what this concealer say, it is not true. Like what I mentioned above, after several hours, the surface starts to wrinkle and it becomes cakey. What I did was wash my face and then re apply it. This is not very good because for me the true test of the excellence of a concealer is the long lasting effect it can give you. We have to go back in analyzing the purpose of it. If it can help you in eradicating your flaws even for the entire day then it is not a good concealer.

The only good things I can say about this concealer is that it is oil-free and has no fragrance but as to coverage, I was not satisfied.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311012917160731/k2311a1210/12.10.09