KitchenAid Ultra Power Stand Mixer  » Housewares  »
  • It is a little pricey but if you like to bake, this heavy duty mixer is definitely worth the money
  • We have moved five times since I bought this mixer

• by LoLaVi

It’s that time of the year again when the KitchenAid mixer is on sale everywhere. Mine is 13-years-old but the model is still available and remained the same. The sale price I’ve seen so far range from $175 to $250. It is a little pricey but if you like to bake, this heavy duty mixer is definitely worth the money. We have moved five times since I bought this mixer. Some of those places have kitchens that are very small. But no matter

how small the counter space, my KitchenAid mixer always has a place to stand on.

This model has plenty of power (300 watts), has a 4.5 quarts stainless steel mixing bowl, comes with a wire beater, paddle beater, and a dough hook, and the head tilt for easy access. The wire beater works great for beating egg whites or whipping cream. The paddle is for mixing and beating cake batters, cookie and bread doughs. The hook is for kneading yeast dough. And ...

• it now comes in red, blue, green, etc. to match any decor.

I can make all kinds of baked goods with this mixer without making too much of a mess and using only one bowl. To make yeast breads and rolls, I let the machine mix the ingredient with the paddle, use the hook to knead, then I simply put the bowl with the dough in the microwave for the first rising. The microwave is never turn on. The residual heat that remains when I

scalded the milk for the bread, makes the the microwave the perfect warm and draft free environment for the yeast to do its job. Quick breads are even easier. Just mix, shape and bake. That’s it. This heavy duty stand mixer makes it easy for me and my family to enjoy fresh and wholesome breads that are either too expensive or simply not available at the local store. A very good investment. I am glad I didn’t wait for somebody to buy it for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531012916970631/k2311a1210/12.10.09