Flyff (Online MMORPG)
2.5
  • This was somewhat of a turn off for me, as I don't like looking the same as other players
  • However, the game is just not my style, and is average at best in my opinion

• by ahndoruuu

Flyff, or Fly for Fun, is a fairly popular free to play online MMORPG published in the US by Gpotato. I’ve played this game for about 2 weeks now and I feel I’ve come to an appropriate conclusion on it.

The graphics are very cartoon-y, clearly anime-inspired as many RPGs are. I personally did not like the visuals in this game whatsoever though because they appear so childish and crude. Skill animations also

leave a lot to be desired and the game would do well to implement a little more variety in this aspect. The character creation process is also very limited, and players are given few choices in their character’s appearance. This was somewhat of a turn off for me, as I don’t like looking the same as other players.

The gameplay, which is obviously the most important part of a game, is another area ...

• where Flyff falls rather short. There simply isn’t a whole lot to do in the game’s world, and character progression is largely grind-based. I quickly grew weary as the game has very minimal quests and almost nonexistent storyline, though I have come to expect that from MMOs. The combat system is particularly yawn-inducing, and ultimately boils down to clicking repeatedly on an enemy until your character, with its repetitive attacks, kills
        it or is killed.

But ultimately Flyff is not a bad game, but it is certainly not good. I will probably stop playing it now as its a game that has quickly led me to boredom. Though that is not to say that nobody will like it; with over 6 million players, it has to be doing something right. However, the game is just not my style, and is average at best in my opinion.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 281012916790631/k2311a1210/12.10.09