American Idol
2.0
  • I shouldn’t forget to mention the fact they drag this whole thing out and bombard you constantly

• by Steve

Oh no, I see ads for American Idol on TV again. Well, I guess it’s time to start renting more than one movie at a time from Netflix again. Up until season 4 of the show, I was a regular viewer.

But, after Carrie Underwood beat Bo Bice for the title, I opted not to watch again. And, it wasn’t because I didn’t think she deserved to

win either.

Let’s face it, everything this show does is about ratings. They put on crappy auditioners just because they know people want to see someone else make a fool of themselves (and do nothing to soften the blow to someone who might not realize they suck).

And, everything in that competition is rigged to get the person they want winning it. Don’t believe me? Then explain ...

• why, during the Underwood/Bice finale I mentioned before, they managed to slip in a country music themed song; the genre that was obviously her strength.

And, honestly, the judges really need to keep their mouths shut during the competition. I don’t think they really know what they are talking about; at least from what they are able to hear in an auditorium, and should save any criticism

for the results show, when their opinions don’t have an impact.

I shouldn’t forget to mention the fact they drag this whole thing out and bombard you constantly. It used to be two shows a week, the contest and the results.

Now they have various specials too. I can only stand so much.

So, American Idol might be on the air again but I am certain I won’t be watching it this year.

American Idol

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10912916450931/k2311a129/12.9.09