Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
2.5
  • I have no problem vacuuming my home, in fact I enjoy it
  • And another big problem is the fact that I always forget which size it takes
  • I know the make but never the model and it takes me forever to find a packet of bags that will supposedly fit my vacuum cleaner, only to take it home and find out they go to a different model
  • I think it is easy for me to say that I was disappointed in the Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagless vacuum cleaner
  • It is priced at a low cost for a reason and not very good ones

• by sofcthy

When I saw the Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagless Vacuum cleaner in my nearby Walmart, I was very curious. When I read the features on the side of the box I was hooked.

As a person with many allergies who has a son with lots of allergies as well, I liked the idea of the filtration system on the Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagless Vacuum cleaner. Ths vacuum cleaner advertised that it would pick up anything, including dust motes, pet hair and anything else that will cause allergies to flair up. Of course, we do not have pets, but the dust motes and other stuff, okay.

Another thing that got my attention was the word bagless. I have no problem vacuuming my home, in fact I enjoy it. What I really hate, though, is changing bags on a vacuum cleaner. I do not know about everyone else but I do not care how easy the makes of vacuum cleaners say it is to change a vacuum, I always end up frustrated with half the dirt back on my carpet.

I try to follow the directions on the vacuum cleaner, really I do, but it never works the way it says it will. And another big problem is the fact that I always forget which size it takes.

I know the make but never the model and it takes me forever to find a packet of bags that will supposedly fit my vacuum cleaner, only to take it home and find out they go to a different model.

So reading the word bagless in the Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagless vaccum cleaner was clearly an attention getter and one of the main reasons, other than dust motes, etc., that I purchsed the Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagless vaccum cleaner. I have to say, the compartment is very easy to get off and on. It is right in front and not hard to get to due to other parts being in the way. I take it out to my herbie curbie and dump the dirt into the garbage can. Simple, easy.

There are a lot of great little attachments that go on the back and side of the Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagless vaccum cleaner. Nozzles to use on stairs of any kind, around corners, under stuff….you get the drift. Nothing special, just the usual attachments. However, I have had a hard time snapping these attachments back on and over the course of a year, some of the snaps have broken. I know I had some trouble but I never forced these attachments back into the ...

• slots, so I feel as though the Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagless vacuum cleaner is not nearly as sturdy as it should be.

Also, when I first purchased the Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagless vacuum cleaner, the suction on this vacuum was great…except for one thing. You really need to run the vaccum over the carpet very fast if you hve something like leaves, dirt or small particles of something on your floor. If not, the air coming from the front of the Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagless vaccum cleaner will push it away. It gets very frustrating at times when trying to pick this kind of stuff up off the carpet.

The suction seems to have diminished greatly over the years. I try to always pick things up off the floor before vacuuming that will stuff up a vacuum cleaner. Problem is, even though I do this, the Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagless vacuum cleaner does not pick up nearly as well as it used to. I have turned it upside down and checked for cloggage but there was none. However, inside the plastic thing that holds the dirt, around the bottom will become very stuffed up. You can’t reach down into it and get it out.

If you are lucky, the clogging is on the very end,

so that you can pull it out from the outside. However, there have been times that I have had to take something and push it up through the plastic thing before I get to the clog. And when dumping the dirt out, if there is a lot of dirt that has managed to stick together, you have to tap, pull out and do whatever is necessary to get it to empty.

I think it is easy for me to say that I was disappointed in the Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagless vacuum cleaner. I found that the only thing they advertised that I actually liked was the fact that it was very light weight and that it was bagless….although I began to reconsider the bagless thing when I was trying to work a clog out of the plastic front. Oh, another thing I really, really liked was the fact that the Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagless vaccuum cleaner came with a very long cord.

So, if you are looking for a very sturdy vaccuum cleaner that will last for a long time, the Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagless vaccuum cleaner is not the vaccuum cleaner you want. Do not let the low price suck you into buying it. It is priced at a low cost for a reason and not very good ones.

imran says :

do we need to change the filter after use

John says :

You don’t have to clean the filter each time after using it, just when necessary.

Galega says :

You are not required to change the filter after every use. In a commercial setting and used on a daily basis, it should be checked every six months. If heavily soiled it should be replaced otherwise, it should be changed once per year. If a musty odor is detected when the vacuum cleaner is used, the HEPA filter should be changed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 53912916380931/k2311a129/12.9.09