South Africa Cape of Good Hope
Cape of Good Hope, South Africa
  • Definitely, it was also nearer than going to Cape Agulhas as it was not actually the most southern point of the continent
  • There were a lot of tourists, in my opinion, there were too much people it was quite difficult to enjoy the scenery
  • I thought I was in Africa, I did not think it would ever get cold at all

• by bethbarl

It was normal that before going to Cape Agulhas, we would pass by at the Cape of Good Hope. My husband was also adamant in having his picture taken from this area. Definitely, it was also nearer than going to Cape Agulhas as it was not actually the most southern point of the continent. The trip did not take us very long time.

The Cape was not difficult to find nor to reach it as there were visible panels all the way from Cape Town where we came from. Compared to Cape Agulhas, this place had more tourists when we were there. Perhaps it was due to the common misconception that the Cape of Good Hope was the most southernmost point of the African continent which was what people

believed and therefore, wanted to see. For our part, we had been reading our travel book quite thoroughly especially my husband who planned this long weekend holiday. He knew that the Cape of Good Hope was not what divided the Atlantic and the Indian Oceans.

Definitely, it was prettier in terms of views and sceneries with rugged, unspoilt cliffs. I felt like I was in Europe because there was a cold, strong sea breeze and wind. It did not feel at all that I was in Africa. I was not warmly dressed as well I was actually shivering while posing in front of the panel which indicated Cape of Good Hope. This panel must be the most photographed I ever saw here in Africa. I could not even take ...

• a picture of my kids without somebody or a group of tourists popping on either side. There was no system at all of queuing, the quickest one will get their pictures taken very rapidly.

I also saw a copy of the famous cross of Vasco da Gama who was one of the first Europeans to reach the continent or in this area to be more specific. It was nothing special for me as I hardly brush up on my history. Otherwise, I was just there to relax a bit in the quiet but not so quiet surroundings. There were a lot of tourists, in my opinion, there were too much people it was quite difficult to enjoy the scenery. In addition, I was feeling cold I

did not think it was worth that much staying without the appropriate gear. It was actually the wind which was bothering me more but I suppose that was my fault for not bringing a beanie with me. I thought I was in Africa, I did not think it would ever get cold at all.

It was not such a bad trip and to this day, I always show off my photos taken at the Cape of Good Hope. My own mother would probably ask where in the world is that place and what is there that makes me proud to have gone there. Rather than explaining its historical importance or significance, I would have simply replied it is just a special panel which is near a beautiful and wild coastline.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38912916080931/k2311a129/12.9.09