Kipor Generator KDE 19STA3
  • I found that having a generator was in fact very convenient
  • In addition, as its power rating is quite high, I can run all the lights at my house, use up to 3 burners on my stove,the microwave, switch TV and the internet all the same time without a problem
  • At any rate, I just switch it off manually to avoid that the fuel tank runs empty in the night when there is a power cut and I am sleeping
  • While the noise it generates is quite irritating, I think its advantages outweigh this

• by bethbarl

I did not buy this generator but my husband’s office did as this house belongs to it. Besides, I could not possibly afford to buy one of this size. It is quite powerful at 16.25/19 KVA. It was set up by the supplier as it was impossible for me to connect a generator let alone know which cables should go where. I am just a user of this product.

I found that having a generator was in fact very convenient. This country is not self-sufficient in its supply of electricity such that a big portion of its electricity is imported from neighboring South Africa. When the demand exceeds its supply, there are often electricity cuts or a power shedding schedule is done. Sometimes, there can be no electricity for 2 hours. I do not mind this

but I do mind it when I have to cook as my stove is run on electricity. Often, the power cuts happen when I am in the middle of cooking which is really a lot of hassle. However, since this generator was installed, I was given a certain kind of autonomy. It is connected to the main fuse box which allows it to switch automatically to the generator mode when there is no power.

In addition, as its power rating is quite high, I can run all the lights at my house, use up to 3 burners on my stove,the microwave, switch TV and the internet all the same time without a problem. It is quite easy to use with a panel which indicates the level of fuel and other technical data which I do not really ...

• understand. What was important for me to know was how to run it on automatic or manual mode and when to fill the tank. At any rate, I just switch it off manually to avoid that the fuel tank runs empty in the night when there is a power cut and I am sleeping.

My biggest complaint with this generator is the tremendous noise it makes. As we are the only ones in the neighbourhood which has a generator, the noise can be pretty annoying as it is the only sound I could hear like a train chug chugging. Fortunately, these days the power cuts are less and I have not yet received any complaints from our neighbors. They are just probably glad to see some lights illuminating their way especially when the power cuts happen in

the night. All the lights on my fence are also supported by this generator. As for us, the house is big enough that although I could still hear it when I am in the bedroom, it is of a lesser intense and much better than when I am in the kitchen where it is more loud and really annoying.

Altogether, I am happy to have this generator in the house. While the noise it generates is quite irritating, I think its advantages outweigh this. It is easy to use and operate, provides enough power to run the most important appliances I need in the house such as lights and stove all at the same time. It is also economical as with 20 liters of fuel, I can run the generator continuously for at least 10 hours.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 53912916040831/k2311a129/12.9.09