HP Pavillion dv7 notebook  » Laptops  »
  • The Hewlett Packard dv7 entertainment computer is one of the best computers that I've ever had
  • I had heard that Hewlett Packard isn't a very good model of computer in the past, but I am extremely glad that I decided to ignore the advice and purchase my Hewlett Packard dv7 entertainment notebook

• by Nichelle Kewish

The Hewlett Packard dv7 entertainment computer is one of the best computers that I’ve ever had. I’m extremely happy with my purchase of nearly two years ago, and I wouldn’t give it up for anything, not even the Sony Vaio that I used to own.

I loved everything, from the sleek, light design on the outside (mine being black, by the way,) to the

lightning fast processing speed and automatic sleep mode to conserve power when I accidentally forget to shut it off.

My computer came with Windows Vista, but I am considering trying to install Windows 7 on this computer instead of buying a new one, since this has become my favorite.

This computer has everything - including a wonderful customer support.

I was able to ...

• re-download all of my drivers for free from their website after the computer crashed (which by the way was my fault, not the machine’s.

) I had heard that Hewlett Packard isn’t a very good model of computer in the past, but I am extremely glad that I decided to ignore the advice and purchase my Hewlett Packard dv7 entertainment notebook.

It has a roomy

hard drive, lightning speed, and excellent technical support, what else could you ask for in a computer? The only thing I didn’t like, and the reason I’m giving it an 8, is that for a laptop computer it is fairly large and bulky, and I can’t carry it anyplace without it being awkward.

Other than that, I wouldn’t give up this notebook for anything.

Kevin says :

Is the HP Pavilion DV7 just another name for the DV7000? Is the DV71232NRa specific build of the DV7000?

Jules Li says :

Yes, these are the same laptops. DV7 is a shorter way of listing the model number.

diana says :

Does any one know about a graphic adapaters? Not detected in a game i wanted to download.

John says :

A graphics adapter is essentially your video card. Check the specs of your video card. If it does not meet the required specs for the game, it won’t work. However, if it does meet the specs you should install or reinstall the software for your graphics card.

Darling Violetta says :

What are the specs of this model?:

Processor speed, RAM, average battery life?
    What did you pay for your machine? Have you encountered any major problems since its purchase?

Ambreen says :

Hey, Violetta. The specs of HP DV7 are the following: OS - windows 7, RAM - 8 GB, CPU - Intel Core i7, Hard Drive - 750 GB, and it includes a nine-cell-extended battery life.

The ongoing price for this machine is about $ 799.

The most common complains about this laptop are that the dv7’s screen is too low-resolution for its size, and also the integrated graphics drag down the performance.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 63912915550831/k2311a129/12.9.09