Omaha Steaks  » Food  »
  • We have always enjoyed all of the steak, pork and chicken from Omaha Steaks
  • I am a big seafood lover and with the scallops and crabmeat these were about the best thing I had ever eaten
  • As good as all the Omaha Steak procucts are, I think the regular prices are a bit high

• by Sandi

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

Every year my mother-in-law sends us an Omaha Steak Package for Christmas. This year we received what is called the Grilling Collection. From the brochure we got with the steaks this is regularly a one hundred and fifty four dollar package. She says she did not pay anywhere near that much, she gets special coupons for being a repeat costumer. Well, whatever she paid for it, we are happy she did.

We have always enjoyed all of the steak, pork and chicken from Omaha Steaks. They are the best! Everything we have gotten from Omaha Steaks just seems to cook up and taste better than ones we get from any butcher or meat department at the grocery stores. I really like that when eating any Omaha Steak products I can tell I am getting high quality meat and other high quality ingredients just from the texture and taste.

/> In the omaha Steak Grilling Package we got four five ounce top sirloin steaks, four four ounce Boneless Pork chops, two stuffed sole with crab and scallops, eight Gourmet Franks, four four ounce chicken Breasts, and four five and three quarter ounce stuffed baked potatoes.

Also with this package we got a six piece knife set and a cutting board. I have never had a hot dog that tasted so good. We grilled them just like we would any other frank, and there is no comparison. They are so plumb and still nice and solid, not all mushy in the middle like some.

The flavor is awesome, and you get way more dog than bun. I can’t even start to tell how good the steaks are. They are so mouth watering and tender. There is no need to marinate before grilling.

When we first started getting them we ...

• did marinate, because we had found that most sirloin is more tender and tasty when marinated ahead. We have sense found that these steaks are just as good and tender without marinating and the flavor is out of this world. This was the first time for trying the stuffed sole. I am a big seafood lover and with the scallops and crabmeat these were about the best thing I had ever eaten.

I will say, my kids were not that crazy about the stuffed sole. They did however like the chicken breast and stuffed baked potatoes very much. In fact my three year old ate a whole potatoe which is quite unusual for her. The pork Chops and Chicken are both nice and juicy, and the pork chops are good and thick cut, like my husband likes.

If I had to pay for this package, I would be

more than happy to pay up to one hundred and twenty dollars. As good as all the Omaha Steak procucts are, I think the regular prices are a bit high. According to my mother in law and the brochure we received with our package, they are most usually discounted, especially around the holidays. Myself, as well as the rest of my family are crazy about Omaha Steak products, and we look forward every year to this gift in paticular.

I have to give Omaha Steaks a perfect score. As I said we have received one package or another for several years now as a Christmas gift, and there has never been one single thing that was not excellent. And oh, by the way, there is a one hundred percent guarantee on any and all products from Omaha Steaks.

Omaha Steaks

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27812915440731/k2311a128/12.8.09