Fox News Channel  » Media  »
  • Yes, I know, Fox News is a conservative news station and they have a conservative outlook on the news events, but you guys are really blowing it out of proportion
  • I think that how fair and balanced a network is really depends on your own point of view
  • I think the best thing we can do is agree that all the media outlets have their own agenda, as such I don't think we should view these networks as news but as a point of view on things

• by David Finniss

You know, Fox News gets a lot of flak for being “biased and skewing the facts”. People act like this is some travesty. Yeah, because no media outlet has ever been biased or skewed data before. I mean, to quote ESPN, C’mon Man!

Yes, I know, Fox News is a conservative news station and they have a conservative outlook on the news events, but you guys are really blowing it out of proportion. Most of the conservatives are pundits so they have a bit of a loophole as they’re analysts as opposed to reporters.

It wouldn’t bug me so much, but

most of the people who complain about Fox the loudest are the ones who watch MSNBC. Talk about the kettle calling the freakin’ pot black. MSNBC is a left wing Fox News OK? Get over it? You’re no more informed, in fact you’re equally misinformed.

If you were to put the stations on a number line of bias. Fox News would probably be at about an 8. MSNBC would be -8, same distance from center, just in the opposite direction.

I already wrote about Glenn Beck and people give O’Reilly a lot of flak, but really he’s not that bad.

• I find Olbermann to be worse to be honest.

I think that how “fair and balanced” a network is really depends on your own point of view. Liberals swear up and down that their network is better than Fox, and some do admit that there’s a bias, but then again conservatives stick by Fox. Your own view is clouding your judgment. If you’re conservative, a conservative commentator like Glenn Beck will sound more rational compared to Maddow and if you’re a liberal, the reverse would be true.

I think the best thing we can do is agree that all the media

outlets have their own agenda, as such I don’t think we should view these networks as “news” but as a point of view on things. Both sides do raise some good points, so while both are pushing their own agenda, it couldn’t hurt to challenge yourself to watch the opposition because it will still make you think.

I wouldn’t go so far as to say its “right wing propaganda” as many claim and it does get a bad rap by the rest of the media who try to discredit them only because they have a different view, but the slant to the right is obvious.

Fox News Channel
    Robert Pifer says :

I can not believe how biased and judgmental people can be while they are making such an effort to complain about how the Fox News Channel is so biased. People need to stop being so hypocritical and keep their opinions to themselves. No one wants to hear about someone complaining about a news channel that they shouldn’t even be watching in the first place it it bothers them so much. It is a complete call for attention to bother wasting your time sharing your opinions about something that you have no positive interest in whatsoever.

Snowbird says :

If people need to keep their opinions to themselves, then Fox News Channel should be closed, because this is what people do there - they share their opinions.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 39812915180731/k2311a128/12.8.09