Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC)
SM Manila, Philippines
  • While I commend and recommend the food in KFC for fried chicken and burger lovers, I can’t help but to express my disappointment in several factors, essential in a food business
  • The foods were undoubtedly delicious, and the flaws I’ve often see in KFC restaurants are excluded for the first time
  • If the branch of KFC in SM Manila can provide a perfect dining experience for their customers, so is other branches of KFC, including the ones I’ve notice that a gargantuan improvement is much needed, that is, if they want to attract more customers and don’t want to loose their patrons

• by carpediem

As a kid, fried chicken had been my favorite food; any time of the day is perfect to have a crunchy drumstick. And where one could find a luscious fried chicken that even those not-so-young anymore would love to have: Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC). Today, my liking of fried chicken was diverted to hamburgers; I’m quite lucky, KFC is not only known for their crunchy fried chicken but also with their hamburgers filled with thick patty. To complete my meal, hamburger shouldn’t go solo: cold ice tea and opulent french fries are always part of my hamburger experience at KFC.

business: insufficient staff, resulting to slow service and poor interior design. One of these flaws, if not all are evident in every KFC restaurant I went into until the day I’ve had the chance to dine in at Kentucky Fried Chicken, located at SM Manila, a few weeks before the coming of December.

Though the holiday is fast approaching and most items of different shops are on sale, the mall isn’t congested with shoppers, the way it was years ago. At the far end of the mall, I spotted KFC; at that moment, I knew then what I have to order: the dynamic trio of burger, ice tea and french fries. The foods were undoubtedly delicious, and the flaws I’ve often see in KFC restaurants are excluded for the first ...

• time. If the branch of KFC in SM Manila can provide a perfect dining experience for their customers, so is other branches of KFC, including the ones I’ve notice that a gargantuan improvement is much needed, that is, if they want to attract more customers and don’t want to loose their patrons.

The organization of the tables and chairs are beneficial for everyone: customers can dine comfortably and staff can quickly move around. Uniformity is often seen in fast food restaurants, but not in KFC at SM Manila, you’ll have numerous choices where to dine: one could try the high chair, sit in chairs resembling the diners in Western countries, dine as if you’re having a picnic or the typical chair children would love to sit on and turn till they

are dizzy. The place isn’t roomy; but since they’ve used minimal divider, it gives the place an illusion of a wider area than the actual size. I don’t need to become a guru in interior design to tell that they’ve done the tall order of creating a good ambience for customers.

As I’ve mentioned, there’s nothing to argue about the food in KFC, especially if we’re dealing with their bucket meal, mostly copied by other fast food restaurants by now; but I hope other KFC branches would learn from the KFC at SM Manila. Whether you have outgrown your liking with fried chicken, as I did, I’m sure you’re mature enough to appreciate an enticing place such as the KFC at SM Manila, where one could satiate his hunger for food and aesthetic.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 7812915140631/k2311a128/12.8.09