Nike Cradle Rock Basketball Shoe
  • One of the things I like best about the Nike Cradle Rock is that it doubles well as a casual fashion sneaker
  • I personally recommend this shoe for hoopheads and fashionistas alike

• by poyayan

Low-cut basketball shoes are generally avoided because they offer little ankle support. However, with recent basketball superstars like Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash showcasing their low-cut kicks on the hardcourt, shoes like the Nike Cradle Rock have gained popularity. Me? The instant I saw the Cradle Rock on Nash’s feet, I instantly fell in love with it and promised myself I’d buy one before Christmas.

I purchased the white color way

of the Nike Cradle Rock straight from Nike Stadium and wore it to a basketball game that same weekend. Like all low-cut shoes, I felt queasy and unsure at first because of the lack of ankle support. However, as time wore on and I became accustomed to how much I can strain myself wearing this pair, I became more comfortable running at top speed and pivoting this way and that.

The ...

• shoe is quite light, though not as light as a shoe Nash used to wear, the Nike Air Jet Flight. However, it’s nice that the shoe offers good enough traction and is quite breathable despite the lack of air vents.

One of the things I like best about the Nike Cradle Rock is that it doubles well as a casual fashion sneaker. It has the Nike Fresh logo, so it’s a

great fit for fashion. You can pair it with jeans or with shorts and it’ll look good.

The Nike Cradle Rock is a great shoe to play basketball in, and even if you’re not a basketball player, you can still use it to be trendy as part of your apparel. Couple that with the relatively affordable price tag and you’ve got a winner. I personally recommend this shoe for hoopheads and fashionistas alike.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 55812914860631/k2311a128/12.8.09