Nikon D90 Digital SLR Camera  » Cameras  »
  • I am disappointed with the performance of the camera when the live view is activated

• by njs1977

I purchased my Nikon D90 Camera a year ago after weeks and weeks of reviews of other cameras. I am very happy with this Digital SLR camera. This is my first Digital Single Lens Reflex (DSLR) camera, but not my first digital camera.

I previously owned two Kodak Easy Share digital cameras. The body of this camera is very solid and comfortable in the hand.

It is well balanced and the controls are easy accessible for quick changes

while taking pictures. If you are to purchase this camera be sure to also purchase a high speed SD media card.

The pictures have come out very clear, and look great on the computer or when printed out. I have found no graininess at all in any of the pictures.

I do find that the red eye reduction does not work very well. I have tried different settings and can still not seem to correct this.

At the ...

• time of this purchase it was the only one that I could find with a live view option. I am disappointed with the performance of the camera when the live view is activated.

The camera responds very, very slow and the ability to take multiple pictures, one after another, is virtually impossible. On the other hand when looking through the eye piece the performance of the camera is back to normal.

The menu list with in the camera is

very deep, and takes some getting used to. If you are not someone who is comfortable with technology this might not be an easy camera to navigate.

One nice feature is that you can make folders right within the camera, and when you sync the camera to your computer the whole folder is transferred. It can be used right out of the box, but it gives you many options to grow as photographer without having to continue to upgrade in camera’s.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 43812914740631/k2311a128/12.8.09