Slap Chop  » Housewares  »
  • One of my favorite parts of this handy device is that it is super easy to clean

• by Kat Nell

When I first saw the Slap Chop advertised on TV, I was a little skeptical as I always am of anything advertised on TV. I didn’t order right then, but rather waited a few weeks until it was available at drugs stores in their “as seen on TV” section. It wasn’t too expensive and I figured I’d give it a try.

The first

thing I used it on was a red onion. Cutting red onions by hand always makes me tear up and other chopping devices I’ve bought don’t get the job done either because they’re too bulky or not sharp enough. So anyways, I placed a slice of red onion in the Slap Chop on a cutting board and pressed down a few times and ...

• voila! It was chopped perfectly and didn’t require a lot of force to press down on the chopping part of it.

Next I tried some peppers, another vegetable that I’m not too found of cutting. And again, the Slap Chop worked so well and didn’t require a lot of strength. I’ve now been using my Slap Chop ever since and depending on how

many times I “slap chop” down on the produce, it can be finely chopped or just chopped for a salad topping.

One of my favorite parts of this handy device is that it is super easy to clean. You take off just a few parts and flip it open to wash. It dries quickly and is ready for use again in no time.

Slap Chop

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 53712914410931/k2311a127/12.7.09