Samsung SGH-X450  » Phones  »
  • Still, I think this is the best alternative today if all you wish is to make cellular phone calls
  • I don't think it will be around for that long though

• by limonar
      Will there ever be an end to all of this cell phone hysteria? It is now possible to use your phone as a camera, mp3-player, webb browser and what next? Will there be cell phones that wakes you up in the morning and make you breakfast? Or maybe you won’t have to work in the future - it’s all done by your cell phone!

Clearly, the cell phone companies must have gone mental. We’re talking about a telephone here! Hello, it’s supposed to be used for making phone calls. What’s the point of these all-in-one things anyway? It’s like those tool kits they used to make.

There

was the scissors and a small knife to begin with and before you knew it they had a whole tool compartment built in there. Crazy.

Now, what I want to have is a cell phone that can be used to make phone calls, maybe send sms and things like that, but please, no more than that. To find that today you have to buy a used cell phone.

I finally decided to try the Samsung SGH-X450. The technology of it is a few years old now, but it does exactly what I need it to do, and no more.

Sure, it has a wap function, but to ...

• tell the truth, I have never felt an urge to use that. I use it to make phone calls and send text messages, and that’s it.

It’s easy enough to understand how it’s used, you don’t have to be whizkid to dial the phone number. This is the ultimate cell phone for those of you who got tired of all the camera cell phones and God knows what out there.

Or maybe I’m the only one with that opinion? I doubt it. To be more SPECIFIC about the phone itself, it is a sort of tiny (but not too tiny) model, silver colored with a foldable display.

All of the functions are used as with any Samsung model - that is, as soon as you figured out the system, everything will be all right; sort of like learning how to ride a bike. It has many different polyphonic ringtones (but not too many), a nice looking color display and of course a few functions I never used.

Still, I think this is the best alternative today if all you wish is to make cellular phone calls. I don’t think it will be around for that long though.

The multi function cell phones will eventually run it out of business, and there is nothing I can do about it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2005. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3712109140131/k2311a1012/10.12.05