Scrubs: Our Drunk Friend  » TV  »
  • I think the biggest problem though was that it was rehashing territory already covered
  • Once again, I found the main characters ie

• by David Finniss

This episode had a lot of the same problems that the first episode had.

I think the biggest problem though was that it was rehashing territory already covered. I mentioned that the last episode did similar things, but this episode does practically the exact same thing with an alcoholic that has been done with drug addicts before on the show, several

times in fact.

Even more vexing is this idea that addicts are lost causes that you should just give up on. I’m no fan of addicts, but that seems like a pretty bleak message to send not to mention the fact that it’s place as a “lesson” is morally questionable.

It seems that the cast is sticking around, or at the ...

• very least sticking around for a few episodes before the focus is inevitably put on the students. Once again, I found the main characters ie. the real ones JD etc far more interesting than the med students.

I did find myself laughing a lot more in this one. Gremlins references are always awesome and I’m surprised that Denise

didn’t get that as she’s not that young, kids today…I tell ya. While I’m still not sold on this new batch (get it?) this episode did do a better job of fleshing out the characters, maybe, and I do mean maybe, this season won’t turn out to be the disaster I thought it would be. I’m still skeptical though.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10712913910531/k2311a127/12.7.09