MYFAMILY.COM  » Web sites  »
  • Little did I know how hooked my relatives (as well as I
  • There is a small yearly fee of $29.95 to set up a standard site up, but when you consider the amount of money you would spend to keep in touch so often, it is a bargain in my opinion
  • I think it has certainly been well worth the annual fee

• by ReneS
      About five years ago I started a family website at myfamily. com. Little did I know how hooked my relatives (as well as I!) would become! Myfamily.

com is a password protected website that you set up and invite your relatives to join. You create your own online community for your family, inviting as many family members as you choose.

There is a small yearly fee of $29. 95 to set up a standard site up,

but when you consider the amount of money you would spend to keep in touch so often, it is a bargain in my opinion! The site allows for 100 MB for storage and you can purchase additional MB if needed.

I love the features of this site! There is a calendar I use to remind myself of birthdays and anniversaries. I can easily add additional events, such as parties, picnics, and so on.

I ...

• feel that I have been more updated since I set up the site for my family as I can daily read any news about my family. There is a section for uploading photos and members can comment on the photos as well.

Anyone you invite can add posts or pictures to the site. Two other features include a family tree as well as a recipe section.

My relatives have used these two features to

trace ancestors as well as to add old family recipes. I have really learned so much about my family through this site.

I think it has certainly been well worth the annual fee. I never thought my relatives would become so involved in this site, but they have, even the computer illiterate ones! I think it is a great way to keep in touch with relatives from all over the country on a daily basis!

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2070991311130/k2311a097/9.7.06