Mr. Monk and the End, Part 2  » TV  »
  • We watched the Monk series finale last night and I have to say it wasn't quite as good as I thought it would be
  • That was definitely something that was unexpected and left him happy
  • Overall, it could have been a better way to end such a great series but I think it was still a good finale and I would definitely watch it again

• by Steve

We watched the Monk series finale last night and I have to say it wasn’t quite as good as I thought it would be. But, it did have a few twists that I didn’t expect so it still managed to win some points.

First, the case was way too easy to solve.

I knew last week

that Craig T.

Nelson’s character was the guy who had Trudy killed.

It was pretty obvious when he was the only special guest star on the show and was a judge (we learned in earlier episodes that the guy who had her killed was called the Judge).

Monk didn’t even solve the case himself.

He had ...

• to rely on a videotape Trudy made before she died; in which she reveals she once had an affair with Nelson’s character (before she met Monk) and was pregnant with his child.

The twist at the end where the child was still alive (she had been told it died) was a nice touch.

My wife and

I both wondered if maybe Trudy was still alive and in hiding.

She wasn’t but she left Monk a part of her.

That was definitely something that was unexpected and left him happy.

Overall, it could have been a better way to end such a great series but I think it was still a good finale and I would definitely watch it again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10612912620931/k2311a126/12.6.09