Nikon Cool pix 5400
  • One interesting feature is that we can add audio also to still pictures

• by Mythili Mohan
      This Nikon is handy and useful camera for amateur photographers like me. As usual this camera too has auto,scene,manual,programed auto modes for taking pictures. But I like the scene mode options more.

Because it has fifteen scenes which are common in our day to

day life such as Portrait, Party, Beach/snow, Landscape, Fireworks, Sports etc. I used the Museum mode to take photos during my visit to statue of Liberty.

The photos doesn’t look blurred. Further there is a possibility of getting two formats for stored pictures.

Either TIFF or JPEG. I usually prefer JPEG as it will occupy less space than TIFF.

Using 96 MB card you can take a minimum of nearly 95 fine photos. But if you want to make larger prints it would be better to go for HI ...

• Nikon Cool pix 5400
      rather than basic,Fine or Normal.

By controlling the saturation there is a possibility to take even black and white pictures also. One interesting feature is that we can add audio also to still pictures.

So we can explain about the photos with our own

voice. Quite good.

Transferring to computer and printing are also easier -just plug and play type. It also has the feature to record movies.

But I didn’t tried it as I always prefer to take movies through camcorder rather than with a camera. Overall a good digital camera.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4350991260630/k2311a095/9.5.06