Mercer Orchards Roma Apples  » Food  »
  • However, during the fourth week after purchase, I found a few of the apples left in the bag sitting in the fruit basket on my kitchen counter
  • Since I had a taste for an apple that day, I decided to do an inspection on them for any rot or spoilage
  • I tasted the apple and it still maintained its flavor since the first day I bought it
  • I recommend this brand of apples for people who enjoy eating apples and cooking with them for they are well worth the cost

• by Breezewriter

Mercier Orchards Roma Apples are a good choice of apple to add to any family’s diet. They make for an excellent snack for small children to add to their lunch bag to take to school.

Since I am trying to lose a few pounds, I have decided to eat apples as a mid day snack instead of over indulging on a bag of chips and feed my children them for a healthy treat too.

I purchased the bag of Mercier Orchards Roma Apples at Wal-mart

since they were on sale for under $3 for a three pound bag, but they should be available at any local grocer.

These Roma apples are sweet, juicy and tasty.

I made my purchase about thirty days ago and thought I had finished eating all of them by the second week.

However, during the fourth week after purchase, I found a few of the apples left in the bag sitting in the fruit basket on my kitchen counter.

Since I had a taste ...

• for an apple that day, I decided to do an inspection on them for any rot or spoilage.

Every apple that was still in the bag did not have any sign of rotting.

I cut one of the apples open and the color inside was white and the flesh of the apple was still firm as when you first bring home your purchase.

I tasted the apple and it still maintained its flavor since the first day I bought it.

I finished

cutting up the apple and dipped it in some caramel apple dip for an energetic and tasty treat that uplifted my mood as well.

This brand of apples seem to last longer and stay fresher than some of the more expensive brands of Roma apples I have tried in the past.

The Mercier Orchard Apples are Georgia grown, so buying this brand will support local farmers.

I recommend this brand of apples for people who enjoy eating apples and cooking with them for they are well worth the cost.

Linda Eastman says :

I bought Roma Apples and they are red inside. Is this normal for this type of apple?

John says :

Yes this is normal. They are typically bright red or pink on the inside.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27612912190831/k2311a126/12.6.09