Airborne Adult Formula Tablets
  • I first heard about this medication from my mother, who had heard about it on the Oprah Winfrey show, I think
  • After asking her physician if it was all right to take this medication with her other pills and being told that it was okay, my mother bought a box of 10 tablets which cost her $19.00
  • Since my mother is usually picky about things, especially medication, I had no problem believing her or giving this medicine a try
  • I decided that I would stick with what my mother did
  • I would recommend Airborne to everyone I know but my mother has already beaten me to the punch

• by sofcthy

I first heard about this medication from my mother, who had heard about it on the Oprah Winfrey show, I think. Anyway, my mother suffers from many things. She is in her late 70’s, has artherosclerosis, high blood pressure and several other smaller things. She lives by herself and always hates getting sick with no one living with her 24/7. The entire family knows that if you even have a sniffle or a scratchy throat, you do not go to Grandma’s house, that is how paranoid she is about getting sick, although I can’t blame her.

My mother always hated asking people not to come around if they felt the least bit sick, since she enjoys the company so much. So when she heard about this medicine, she decided to give it a try. After asking her physician if it was all right to take this medication with her other pills and being told that it was okay, my mother bought a box of 10 tablets which cost her $19.00.

Although she was skeptical about whether Airborne would work and unhappy about how much she had to spend on the medicine, she felt it would be worth it if she did not have to be so paranoid any longer about colds. So she waited and the first time she felt she was getting a cold, when she started sniffling, sneezing and feeling bad,

she started taking Airborne. By the next day, she was feeling much better. Since then, she has been very happy with Airborne and my sister and I have teased her about being a city wide spokesperson for this medicine.

Since my mother is usually picky about things, especially medication, I had no problem believing her or giving this medicine a try. I did some research on the product first, however, just to be on the safe side and out of curiosity. I was interested to find out that a second grade teacher had come up with this medication. Not some doctor in a lab, but a teacher of all things.

Should I try Airborne after reading this, I thought? Well, I had already spent the money on it and my mother was still walking around so what the heck. I checked the ingredients and found out that it was mostly made up of the alphabet of Vitamins along with several different types of herbs. I am a huge fan of trying to cure sickness with natural herbs, so that was a bonus.

I also read where Airborne could be used not only when you felt like you were getting a cold but also if you were going to be around a large crowd where you felt germs might be having a field day. I decided that I would stick with ...

• what my mother did….taking Airborne only if I felt sick.

A few months passed before I actually felt the need to take Airborne. I usually hate medications that are put into water and dissolved before you drink it. Most of these are nasty and I end up puking before I can get the entire dose down my throat. Even chasing it with a beverage of my choice does not help. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that I could drink the Airborne concoction with no problems.

After this, I sat back and waited to see if I, too, would feel better within the next 24 hours. My husband laughed at me, saying that there was no way any medicine could make you feel better in 24 hours unless it was Alka-Seltzer (he is a firm believer in that medicine)but I paid him no mind and spent the rest of the day on the couch reading or watching television.

By the time I was ready to go to sleep that night, I made the statement that I was already feeling better. My family laughed at me, telling me it was all in my head but I knew better. I wasn’t sneezing as much, my bones weren’t aching as much and my sore throat was almost gone.

The next morning I woke up and felt as though I had never almost had a cold

the day before. All the sneezing, coughing and aching were gone. I called my mother and thanked her for telling me about Airborne, saying it was the greatest thing since Dr. Pepper…you have to know me in order to know just how much of an impact that statement made.

My family? They didn’t really believe it until they tried it like I had. Happily, each and every one of them (except my stubborn husband who still takes Alka Seltzer Cold Medicine) had to agree with me, even my youngest daughter, who seems to get hit with cold symptoms worse than anyone else in our house.

Now Airborne has earned a permanent place in my medicine cabinet. I do not care that people have sued the company because supposedly they made the claim that it cured common colds. People will sue over anything these days. Besides, in my eyes, Airborne may not cure the common cold but it sure as heck stops the cold from getting worse if you take it as soon as you start feeling bad.

I would recommend Airborne to everyone I know but my mother has already beaten me to the punch. Therefore, I am recommending Airborne to all who read reviews on this site. I do not know if Airborne works as well on everyone else as it does for my family, but we are happy with the results.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26612911860831/k2311a126/12.6.09