Presto PopLite Hot Air Popper  » Housewares  »
  • The Presto PopLite hot air popper is very small and can fit on the smallest of countertops with no problem
  • Now that we have figured out how out the ins and outs of this machine, we have managed to cook some delicious popcorn
  • Unfortunately, we still haven't figured out just the right amount of popcorn to put it, therefore, we end up with too much popcorn to eat

• by sofcthy

My husband loves popcorn. He is also a diabetic so our children tried to find a nutritious way for him to have popcorn. They went out on Father’s Day and came back with the Presto PopLite hot air popper.

The Presto PopLite hot air popper advertises itself to be a very nutritious, low calorie treat. It is an air popper so you can pop the popcorn without any oil and that is supposed to save you 64% fewer calories than you would have had if you had used microwave popcorn The Presto PopLite hot air popper also says it is less expensive in long run than using the pre-packaged microwave popcorn.

I suppose they are right on both counts, however, since we like a lot of butter in our popcorn, I’m not sure we have that much more of a low-calorie snack. But that is just us. I am sure that if we used low-fat butter, not as much or none whatsoever, that statement would be true.

However, we tried this air popped popcorn one time without butter and it was like eating air.

The Presto PopLite hot air popper is very small and can fit on the smallest of countertops with no problem. I should know this since I must have the smallest kitchen in Kentucky. It is also very easy to clean up after making popcorn, just as it advertises.

The Presto PopLite hot air popper is very lightweight and easy to move around, as long as you have an outlet to plug it into. The butter melter that comes with the Presto Poplite hot air popper can also be used as a measuring cup to measure the popcorn kernels you put inside the machine.

The Presto PopLite hot air popper came with a large jar of Orville Redenbacher’s Popcorn. We have used very little of it, but we have made huge batches of popcorn. That is one of the biggest problems we have with this machine.

The instructions on how to use the Presto PopLite hot air ...

• popper are not that clear. I mean, it should be easy I supposed. Put popcorn in hot air popper, add some butter and turn it on and voila! However, that is now how it has worked for us. The first time we used it, the butter did not melt right. Come to find out, we were supposed to melt the butter first. The next time my husband thought the Presto PopLite hot air popper had messed up after only one use. Finally, our oldest daughter figured out that the problem was that the hot air popper is supposed to heat up before you try to pop any popcorn, instead of just pouring everything in and letting it rip.

Now that we have figured out how out the ins and outs of this machine, we have managed to cook some delicious popcorn. Unfortunately, we still haven’t figured out just the right amount of popcorn to put it, therefore, we end up with too much popcorn to eat. My

daughter tried to put a large bowl under the chute and it filled up with popcorn still coming out. Soon there was popcorn all over the floor. The same thing happened when my husband tried to make it.

The one true problem, I feel, with the Presto PopLite hot air popper is the fact that the butter melter that doubles as a measuring cup, along with the chute from which the popcorn flows, is plastic. Not just any plastic, but the type of plastic that feels as if it might break or crack at any moment or with too much pressure. I always hold my breath when I am cleaning these two things off and then reassembling the Presto PopLite hot air popper.

Besides the problem with the plastic (which is the manufacturers fault), and our own hit and miss tries with how much popcorn to put into the thing, (which is our own personal problem), the Presto PopLite hot air popper has been a wonderful addition to a family of popcorn lovers.

Walter says :

Is there any difference other than name and price between the Presto poplite and orville redenbacher hotair popcorn poppers Thanks

Galega says :

These two belong to two different manufacturers. They are intended to be used for the same purpose. The end product will be same. However, these two are completely different products. Presto Poplite is also little bit costly than that of Orville Redenbacher Hotair Popcorn Poppers.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 53612911780731/k2311a126/12.6.09