Pepcid
  • I know everyone has heard about gastro reflux disease or GERD in short terms
  • The best medicine, with no side effects in my case, for GERD is Pepcid
  • You can take it in tablet form, which is what I prefer
  • Since I love Italian and Mexican food, this happens quite often
  • The spicy meals do not always come with symptoms and that is why I like Pepcid so much

• by sofcthy

I know everyone has heard about gastro reflux disease or GERD in short terms. It is advertised on many commercials. While most of these commercials are for medication that supposedly helps people with their symptoms of GERD, there are also some legal commercials wherein the medicine that people have taken for GERD has had some terrible side effects and people are suing.

The best medicine, with no side effects in my case, for GERD is Pepcid. I have tried many other different types of medicines over the counter including Prolosec and none of them have worked like Pepcid.

Pepcid comes in different forms. You can

take it in tablet form, which is what I prefer. There is also liquid, for younger people with GERD or a chewable tablet. Since I hate the taste of any medicine, whether it is dosed (no pun intended) with flavorings or not, I prefer to take the tablets and get upset when my husband buys the wrong thing.

Most of these medicines do not work unless they are taken before you eat a meal. Before the symptoms begin. If symptoms have already begun, then it takes hours and hours before any type of relief is felt. This is not the case with Pepcid.

I ...

• do not like to take any medicine as a preventative measure and only do so if I have to, since I take so many medications already. Instead, I prefer to take things such as aspirin, nausea medicine or Pepcid only when I’m being plagued with pain or other symptoms.

With Pepcid, the symptoms include a burning in my chest, belching (sometimes swallowing only to taste a bile like flavor) and an annoying burning in my throat. This usually occurs after I have eaten a highly spicy meal. Since I love Italian and Mexican food, this happens quite often. These foods did not

used to bother me, but age has a way of making our bodies more susceptible to things that never bothered us when we were young.

The spicy meals do not always come with symptoms and that is why I like Pepcid so much. Instead of having to take it, I can wait and see if the symptoms occur. If they do, I take a Pepcid and within 15 minutes, my symptoms have all but disappeared. Not only that, Pepcid keeps the symptoms from coming back.

Unlike the other medications I have tried, Pepcid is a fast acting and thorough relief from the symptoms of GERD. Simply the best!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26612911760731/k2311a126/12.6.09