HoMedics Therapist Select Percussion Massager
  • As much as I love both of them, I soon grew weary of rubbing both of them down and decided to do something about it
  • I bought the HoMedics Therapist Select Percussion Massager at WalMart for $39.99
  • Overall, we love the HoMedics Therapist Select Percussion Massager and would definitely recommend it as long as you do not mind the weight and bulkiness of it

• by sofcthy

My husband and daughter both suffer from restless leg syndrome. They were always asking me to massage their legs at night because they could not get to sleep due to needing to move their legs around. As much as I love both of them, I soon grew weary of rubbing both of them down and decided to do something about it.

I bought the HoMedics Therapist Select Percussion Massager at WalMart for $39.99. I hated spending that much money on an electronic massager since I have never had any luck with them. I bought one of those back massagers that fit into a chair for my husband and he used it three times at the most. I bought him a foot massage for Christmas one year and he used it even less than the other massager. Taking a deep breath, I put the massager in the cart and ran to the checkout lane to make the purchase before I talked

myself out of it.

I am glad that I did not talk myself out of buying the HoMedics Therapist Select Percussion Massager. It has been two years and it is well worth the money. It brings relief to both of them, not only with their restless leg syndrome but also with their diabetes.

They have both developed neuropathy because of their diabetes. My husband has neuropathy of the feet and my daughter has neuropathy in her stomach (also called gastroperisis). For anyone that is not a diabetic and has no idea what kind of pain can be caused by neuropathy let me explain. As the nerves in their feet and stomach are damaged, they start to hurt. There is a burning sensation, stabbing pains and constant aches until finally….nothing.

My husband used the HoMedics Therapist Select Percussion Massager for his feet as the neuropathy began to set in. Now my daughter, bless her heart, is going through constant pain ...

• in her stomach, nausea and stabbing pains. She uses the HoMedics Massager every day, all day long…well, off and on.

We wondered why the massager seemed to help her stomach so much but the doctors explained that gastroperis causes food to stay in the stomach longer than it should. The way they heal it is to give medicine that will stimulate the nerves in her stomach to do what they are supposed to do and if that does not work, then they will place a small stimulator in her stomach to do the work.

Until then, moving the massager across her stomach wakens those nerves, thus stimulating them and helping relieve the pain she is in. Now, I could always manually rub their feet, but I do not believe my 20 year old daughter would want me rubbing her belly. So the HoMedics massager has been great for that.

It has rotating balls that spin around, rubbing and stimulating. There are

various speeds that you can use. My husband tends to like the medium speed for his feet and legs. My daughter also likes the medium speed for her legs but tends to stick with the lower speed on her stomach since it seems to be a more sensitive area.

I do not know what she would have done without this HoMedics Massager. And while it is a great relief there are a few problems. The HoMedics Massager is heavier than most massagers. The way it is made, it is bulky and there is no way that she can lie on it during the night. However, since the HoMedics Massager is used mainly for the feet, legs and back this would not be a huge drawback to most people like it is with my daughter.

Overall, we love the HoMedics Therapist Select Percussion Massager and would definitely recommend it as long as you do not mind the weight and bulkiness of it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16612911740731/k2311a126/12.6.09