Percogesic Aspirin-Free, Pain Reliever, Fever Reducer  » Medicine  »
  • It doesn't matter how many times I hear on a commercial or public service announcement that an asprin a day can reduce the risk of heart disease and a variety of other health complications, I still hate the idea of taking asprin products because I know that, though it may treat one problem, it always tends to cause me another problem
  • I found Percogesic Asprin-Free pain reliever when I was online researching the prescription my doctor had given me
  • I've taken motrin for my headaches before, but I always have to take more than the recommended dosage to find any real relief, so I was hoping this might be a more convenient solution without taking a ton of pills all day long
  • Of course, I wouldn't recommend driving while taking this, and your reaction might be totally dependant on your resistance to medication (and mine is particularly high), but for me, it was a mild sedative, at best
  • I'll definitely be ordering more of these in the future

• by Anasuya

I’ve never been a big fan of asprin products. They tend to upset my stomach. It doesn’t matter how many times I hear on a commercial or public service announcement that an asprin a day can reduce the risk of heart disease and a variety of other health complications, I still hate the idea of taking asprin products because I know that, though it may treat one problem, it always tends to cause me another problem. And, I’ve, of late, been consistently bombarded by some rather intense headaches. These have occurred regularly over the past two years, and there’s no known cause for them. When I first started getting these headaches, they were becoming so consistent and painful that I would actually lose my train of thought, even when the headaches weren’t severe! I went to see my doctor after about two months of this continuous problem, only to have a series of tests run to

no avail. I even had my eyes checked and a new eye-glass prescription filled, and still I was getting the headaches. The doctor prescribed me some headache medication that really didn’t even begin to touch the problem, and certainly not any better than any over-the-counter medication (which was, ironically, even with insurance, less expensive than the prescription).

I found Percogesic Asprin-Free pain reliever when I was online researching the prescription my doctor had given me. I always research any drug before taking it blindly. And, since I had taken this medication for a couple days and found it wasn’t working at all, even though my doctor said it should provide immediate relief, I knew I need to go old school and try something a little more basic. I’ve taken motrin for my headaches before, but I always have to take more than the recommended dosage to find any real relief, so I was hoping this might ...

• be a more convenient solution without taking a ton of pills all day long. It’s $10 for almost 100 tablets, which isn’t bad at all, since a bottle of 50 tablets of tylenol tends to run about $7 these days. I figured it was worth the money and, if nothing else, I’d just have some generic pain reliever in my cabinet that we can use when the need arose.

Strangely enough, there’s some ingredient in it that causes drowsiness. I wasn’t exactly expecting that when I took this (even though it IS listed as a possibility on the package). However, it wasn’t an extreme drowsiness. In fact, it was quite a pleasant calmness that didn’t have me feeling overly drugged. Of course, I wouldn’t recommend driving while taking this, and your reaction might be totally dependant on your resistance to medication (and mine is particularly high), but for me, it was a mild sedative, at best.

I’ve had cold medicine cause more severe drowsiness than this did, and I was still totally able to function. And, also surprisingly, this worked very well. Whereas I usually need to take 5 200 mg motrin at a time to treat a headache, I was able to take two of these and have the same effect. I was glad to know there was actually a pain reliever out there that worked the way it claimed to work. The headache dissipated after about forty minutes (and, again, I’m highly resistent to most medications, so it takes longer for them to work on me), and those two tablets easily lasted about five hours, which was also a pleasant and unexpexted surprise. Normally, I’m taking something every three hours.

I’ll definitely be ordering more of these in the future. It’s unfortunate that I can’t find them in stores locally, but I’m willing to make an order online to have a medication that works effectively.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26612911560731/k2311a126/12.6.09