Triaminic Children’s Thin Strips, Cold with Stuffy Nose  » Medicine  »
  • I love the things medicine companies are coming up with now
  • He's always had this problem, but we assume he was getting over it and was swallowing the pills until we found the one in the trash can
  • When I went to the store to find him something, thinking we'd have to settle for a syrup of some kind, I found the Triaminic Children's Thin Strips, Cold with Stuffy Nose, Raspberry favlored and wanted to try it out
  • He's going on thirteen this year and I think he's ready to move up in the world of medicine and try a pill next time he gets sick, but this stuff is a wonderful product, and I highly recommend it

• by Anasuya

I love the things medicine companies are coming up with now! I have a twelve year old son who refuses to take pills unless it’s absoluely necessary, and when he gets sick it’s quite a process to give him anything to make him feel better. Earlier this year, he came down with your generic common cold, and was miserable for two days before he even told us he wanted something to make him feel better. And when we gave him a tablet of the cold medicine we had in the house, he simply pretended to take it and we later found that he had spit it out in the trash. When we confronted him about it (in as nice a way as possible, mind you, since we knew he wasn’t feeling well), he said he tried as hard as he could to swallow it, but even with a glass full of water, he just couldn’t make himself swallow

it. He’s always had this problem, but we assume he was getting over it and was swallowing the pills until we found the one in the trash can. I knew we’d have to try a different approach if he wanted to feel better at all.

His symptoms were pretty basic, with the stuffy nose and head congestion, slight fever that came and went, a headache (mostly because of the fever), and mild irritation in the throat that had him coughing a bit here and there. When I went to the store to find him something, thinking we’d have to settle for a syrup of some kind, I found the Triaminic Children’s Thin Strips, Cold with Stuffy Nose, Raspberry favlored and wanted to try it out. I’ve used strip-type products before, that dissolve on the tongue, for things like breath fresheners, but never for a cold medicine before, and thought it was a completely ingenious (and long over-due) product.

• You just put two strips on the tongue and allow it to dissolve without taking any water or anything. Their spit will do all the work for you.

He still said it didn’t taste all that great, even despite the raspberry flavored, but he was familiar enough with syrups that he said it tasted better than any of those that he’s taken in the past for a cold. The product is easy to carry with you, because it’s just a little packet, and there’s never any fear of a bottle opening up in your purse or a pocket and spilling syrup or pills all over the place. I can’t count the number of times that a bottle has opened up in my purse, which I find ironic since these containers are supposed to be child proof to begin with. Count on a woman’s purse to find a way to open these suckers up!

I tried one myself, to

see what it tasted like, and it actually wasn’t that bad. Like my son said, it wasn’t great, but by no means an awful taste. It did taste like berries, but was also slightly medicinal, which is to be expected I suppose, and the taste seemed to linger longer than it would with a syrup. But, after about fifteen minutes, my son was saying he was feeling better. He didn’t sound nearly as congested as he did before, and the coughing pretty much ceased entirely. He was still sniffling throughout the day, and blowing his nose pretty regularly, but the headaches were gone and the fever was under control, so it was well worth it to try out this new product. He’s going on thirteen this year and I think he’s ready to move up in the world of medicine and try a pill next time he gets sick, but this stuff is a wonderful product, and I highly recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26612911360731/k2311a126/12.6.09