PediaCare Vapor-Plug Unit & Refill Pads  » Medicine  »
  • And, as a parent,one of the best companies for child medical care is Pedia Care
  • And, I like the fact that PediaCare products have some longevity, in that I still feel confident enough in their abilities to treat sickness that, even though my kids are considered young adults now, I still use their products when me, my husband or my children get sick
  • But, we plugged it in to the outlet near my husbands side of the bed, because when he gets even the slightest bit congested, he likes to be as pro-active about treating the problem as possible
  • This pedia care product is worth any cost and works wonders and we highly recommend it

• by Anasuya

I have two boys, both teenagers now and, luckily, throughout their life, they’ve been sick very few times, and when they have been sick, I’ve been lucky enough that they’ve rarely had to go to the doctor. Usually it’s just a cold or a mild flu, and some consistent at-home care has been all that’s needed to help see them through the syptoms until the cold has run its course through their bodies. But, as a parent, this can be an excrutiating process to have to work through, because no one wants to see their kids in discomfort. And, as a parent,one of the best companies for child medical care is Pedia Care. I’ve used their drinks when my kids were dehydrated, and loved them, and felt it really made a difference between early recovery or a lengthy illness. And, I like the fact that PediaCare products have some longevity, in that I still feel confident enough in their abilities to treat sickness

that, even though my kids are considered young adults now, I still use their products when me, my husband or my children get sick. One such product is the PediaCare vapor-plug unit. It’s basically the equivalant to a night light, and it works sort of like those glade plug in room air fresheners. You insert one of the scented pads into the plug in and let it do its work as it heats up. My husband has long sworn by chest rubs and anything with that menthol smell to it to help clear congestion, so he was totally for the idea of trying this product out for himself!

I love the ingredients in these pads too. You have the basic menthol and camphor that is in almost any anti-congestion vapor or rub, but it also contains chamomile and eucalyptus and lavender. I like the lavender because it helps tone down the strong smell of the camphor, which is the most medicinal smell in the ...

• bunch. I still wouldn’t say the smell is pleasant though. It’s pretty much a vicks vapor rub that you plug into the wall verses lathering it anywhere on your body. But, we plugged it in to the outlet near my husbands side of the bed, because when he gets even the slightest bit congested, he likes to be as pro-active about treating the problem as possible. He fell right to sleep, comfy and cozy as imaginable after we plugged this in. Gratned, we did so about an hour before bedtime, since the pads have an eight hour release time, and by the time we were ready for bed, the room was filled with these scents. The chamomile is calming, and the lavender is relaxing, and mixed with all the other elements that help to release congestion and clear up the sinuses, it’s like the best package possible!

The smell has improved a little over the last couple years, and we still buy these plug-ins

to use whenever any of us is feeling the slightest bit under the weather. It doesn’t smell quite as medicinal these days, but we still find it’s pretty effective in treating a stuffy nose, or just relaxing all of us when we are feeling achy and sick. Quite frankly, I can see us using these products well into the future because they work so well, and I can’t imagine ever turning to a chest rub again, which smells like a football locker room, when we can have something that’s even pleasant smelling and works just as well if not better than, say, vicks product (though we’ve loved and used vicks in the past as well). This pedia care product is worth any cost and works wonders and we highly recommend it. My kids love it, even though they wont admit it as young men these days, but they certainly don’t complain when I go to plu one in their room when they are feeling congested.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26612911330731/k2311a126/12.6.09