Consumers Choice Systems UTI Home Screening  » Health  »
0.5
  • I bought the consumer's choice systems UTI home screening test
  • I thought it couldn't hurt to have one of these around in case I needed to do some testing
  • It can get expensive to have to keep running to the doctor every time I experience a symptom that may or may not be related to a UTI
  • I have Etodolac that I take for my back pain, and I took one of these and within two hours started feeling the pain dissipate, so I assumed it was my back problem

• by Anasuya

When I was fifteen, I got my first kidney infection. I had no idea what it was, but the pain was severe and had me curling in my bed crying before someone in my family finally realized something was wrong and took me to the ER. It was confirmed that I had a kidney infection, though I wouldn’t have had an idea either way at that age. And, ever since then, I’ve been rather prone to urinary tract infections that can, if not monitored and dealt with carefully, turn into kidney infections.

I’ve been on some serious heavy medications at times because of these infections, and it can be not only inconvenient but incredibly dangerous. I also suffer from lower back pain, that tends to radiate down my buttocks and into my legs, and sometimes, this back pain can mimic a bladder infection. I’ve had bladder infections in the past during which time I don’t really know I have one because

the need to urinate and the frequency of urination wasn’t bad.

Within the past year, I’ve had two bladder infections that I didn’t even know I had, and one that I knew I obviously had. Three in one year is extreme, and I figured I needed to keep some test strips around the house so I can determine for myself if some of the more mild symptoms I was experiecing (such as the lower back pain) could be a result of a urinary tract infection or not.

I bought the consumer’s choice systems UTI home screening test.

It comes with two test sticks and they are cheaper than home pregnancy tests. I thought it couldn’t hurt to have one of these around in case I needed to do some testing. It can get expensive to have to keep running to the doctor every time I experience a symptom that may or may not be related to a UTI.

Sometimes these symptoms ...

• are obvious and sometimes they aren’t. A few weeks ago, I began to experience that lower back pain. It was radiating to my side and my very very lower abdomen.

Because I’ve had pain in my abdomen due to a UTI in the past, but it was in a higher location, I didn’t immediately associate it with a UTI. I have Etodolac that I take for my back pain, and I took one of these and within two hours started feeling the pain dissipate, so I assumed it was my back problem. But, then that urgency to urinate started creeping in, I figured I needed to test to make sure.

I used the test stick exactly as directed and got a negative result. I thought maybe it was a false negative, so I even used the second test stick with the same result. So, I kept taking my back medication and was trying to ride it out.

Sometimes my back pain

is worse on some days than others, and I thought this was probably just one of those times, and the urge to urinate wasn’t particularly strong, and there was no burning sensation when I did urinate, so nothing else seemed to indicate a bladder infection. Then about two whole weeks later, the pain was still present, though kept at bay with the back medication, and the urge to urinate started increasing and hurting. I finally went in to my doctor and after several tests found out that not only did I have a urinary tract infection, it had also spread to my kidneys, and I had to go through weeks of medication to manage the problem, and I have to be very dilligent, even now, months later, about my diet and water intake and such, in order to keep the infection from recurring.

These tests are dangerous. They give you a false sense of security that can land you in the hospital. Avoid them at all costs.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 34612911320731/k2311a126/12.6.09