Zip Wax Hot Wax Hair Remover  » Cosmetics  »
1.5
  • However, being a finicky female, I like to have as smooth an appearance to my skin as possible, and so when I get that little peachfuzz on my upper lip or chin or above the eyebrows, I'm always one step away from using a hair removal system of some sort or another to get rid of the problem
  • One hair removal product I tried was Zip Wax Hot Wax Hair Remover, which cost about $9 for basically a block of wax and a wood spatula to put it on, and I believe the kits now come with the strips that you put over the wax to dry and the rip off (hence the zip in the title)
  • Luckily I tried it on my upper lip and chin and around the side burns (I use quotations because women don't really like to refer to that peach fuzz as side burns), so I learned on a less consipicuous spot how messy this stuff can be and how exact you need to be in your application of it
  • Perhaps on the bikini line this wouldn't matter so much, but I'm hard pressed to risk it, since that's definitely a sensitive area I don't want to introduct to a bowl of bubbling wax
  • Unless you're religiously old school , I'd avoid it at all costs

• by Anasuya

I am a natural blonde and so any facial or body hair I might have is very light in appearance. However, being a finicky female, I like to have as smooth an appearance to my skin as possible, and so when I get that little peachfuzz on my upper lip or chin or above the eyebrows, I’m always one step away from using a hair removal system of some sort or another to get rid of the problem. With that said, of course, it should also be mentioned that I have sensitive skin when it comes to chemicals and hot wax and things of that nature, so I’m always looking for something that will be good for use on sensitive skin, wont burn or scar the skin, and will actually provide some nourishment for the skin of possible. These kinds of products are far and few between it seems, but that hasn’t stopped me from looking. Over the years, I’ve tried a few different products, some with great success and some with moderate success and some with downright disasterous consequences (such as a burned and

scarred upper lip!), and I think it’s important to share these experiences with other potential buyers.

One hair removal product I tried was Zip Wax Hot Wax Hair Remover, which cost about $9 for basically a block of wax and a wood spatula to put it on, and I believe the kits now come with the strips that you put over the wax to dry and the rip off (hence the “zip” in the title). One of the reasons I wanted to get this product was because it was good all over the body, including the face and the super-sensitive binkini line, and it’s supposedly easy enough for the layman to use at home, without the skills of a beauty professional. Not sure how entirely accurate that claim was. Either that, or I’m just totally inept at dealing with a block of wax and a spatula. You have to have a wax melter, used specifically for this kind of wax (or I suppose you could rig a double boiler of your own, so long as you only use those materials for this purpose), and though ...

• “old school” wax works fairly well for the purposes of hair removal, it does still take a certain degree of patience and skill to get it just right. If you apply the wax in a messy manner, you end up with a sticky mess that you really just can’t get off unless you use one of the strips to rip it off with, and then you could potentially loose a whole eyebrow if you aren’t careful! Luckily I tried it on my upper lip and chin and around the “side burns” (I use quotations because women don’t really like to refer to that peach fuzz as side burns), so I learned on a less consipicuous spot how messy this stuff can be and how exact you need to be in your application of it. Perhaps on the bikini line this wouldn’t matter so much, but I’m hard pressed to risk it, since that’s definitely a sensitive area I don’t want to introduct to a bowl of bubbling wax!

And, though you can let the container of wax harden and reheat it for further treatments, the

wax never seems to be in as good a condition the third or fourth time of reheating it as it was the very first time. It becomes brittle when it dries, and doesn’t come off nearly as easily, and you’re left with some patchy areas that are problematic. And, aside from the mess and the missed hairs after numerous uses of the wax, you also have the obvious pain factor. It doesn’t matter what part of the body you use this on, it’s going to hurt no matter what. If it doesn’t hurt, oddly enough, then you aren’t doing it right and didn’t apply the strips to the wax at the right time, and you’re going to end up with a load of missed hairs and then it’s a wasted process.

Overall, this is just too much work, too messy, and not nearly as inexpensive as some of the more convenient hair removal cremes that work without the pain. Unless you’re religiously “old school”, I’d avoid it at all costs. This is one instance in which modern cosmetics has improved these techniques, and this pain and mess ins’t necessary.

Zip Wax Hot Wax Hair Remover

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31412911030431/k2311a124/12.4.09