Movie 17 Again  » Movies  »
  • However, the movie just didn't cut my top list of movies (though I was interested enough to watch the whole thing)

• by Blue345

I recently ordered 17 Again from Netflix. I had mixed feelings about it.

It was mildly entertaining with some cute parts, and I am a big fan of Michelle Trachtenburg, who plays the main character Mike’s daughter.

Otherwise, the movie was a little cheesy and unrealistic.

Yes, I understand

that being unrealistic is part of the plot, but I didn’t think that the events that happened were realistic to what would actually happen if this happened to a man.

For instance, the way Mike talked when he was “17″ was unrealistic, even assuming that he forgets that he’s supposed to be acting 17.

Also, the movie was based around how Mike kept wishing to go back to his high school basketball days and change his whole life.

One of the things he does is constantly tell his wife that he made the wrong choices and hadn’t made enough of himself.

That’s ...

• Movie 17 Again
      a rather mean character trait of the “hero” of the movie.

Then again, the movie is also about how he needs to learn lessons about his life, so that is why he acted like that.

Overall, I just didn’t think the writing was very quality.

Even though I’m not a

screen writer, I feel like I could’ve written something very similar.

I do think that younger girls in their early and later teens would enjoy the movie, especially since Zac Effron was in it.

However, the movie just didn’t cut my top list of movies (though I was interested enough to watch the whole thing).

Saim Cheeda says :

re : However, the movie just didn’t cut my top list of movies (though I was interested enough to watch the whole thing)
It’s not a classic by any means, but it is an enjoyable movie

Irina says :

I think this movie is already a classic or it is going to make it to the list soon.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11412910930431/k2311a124/12.4.09