The eMachines eME627 laptop  » Computers  »
  • It is not a well known computer company like HP or Dell so I was a bit wary of buying the laptop but I figured for the price and the specs a comparable laptop would cost approximately twice as much so I didn't think I had much to lose
  • I have been using the laptop now for almost a week and I am pleasantly surprised and extremely impressed with this laptop

• by infowizard

The emachines eME627 laptop is the only laptop currently being offered by emachines and is not usually a company I would look at to buy a computer but it was being sold at Wal-Mart for only $198. The specs for the computer included 2GB of memory, a 15.

6″ screen and a 160GB hard drive.

specs a comparable laptop would cost approximately twice as much so I didn’t think I had much to lose.

I have been using the laptop now for almost a week and I am pleasantly surprised and extremely impressed with this laptop.

I also own a Dell laptop of comparable specs and the emachines in some cases performed better than the dell which cost me $600! Programs running on the laptop open quickly and run efficiently without bogging down the CPU.

I immediately installed the ...

• firefox web browser upon starting it up and it runs really fast, new internet pages open almost immediately which is surprising since the emachines has a single core processor.

The mouse pad is a bit sensitive but after some tweaking in the control panel I was able to bring it down to acceptable levels.

The laptop also comes with Windows 7 Home installed which seems to be a vast improvement over windows Vista after using it for only 5 days.

The keys on the

keyboard have a nice feel to them and it has a number pad which is an added plus.

It seems that they have developed a perfect synergy between the processor, memory and hard drive space.

The laptop itself is a bit heavy and bulky but it does not bother me because it will mostly stay on my desk.

You cannot get a better deal on a laptop today at this price; before you spend hundreds on a “name brand” model you should give this laptop a test run.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 19412910730431/k2311a124/12.4.09