Modern Family TV series  » TV  »
  • What I like about Modern Family is that it’s an original show, it’s a take on what today’s families, especially American ones, are really like and what they have to go through day to day
  • I know it sounds like a reality show and the show is sort of down like a reality show with better lighting
  • I love the diversity of the casts, and although it’s unlikely that any family is that diverse I thought it was a great concept anyway
  • The three families are related by the way, which makes it even more interesting
  • It’s one of my favorites so far and would recommend tuning in and giving it a try

• by liberty

Modern Family is a new TV series that debut this Fall on ABC. I actually didn’t know about this show until about five episodes in and watched it out of curiosity and boredom, I was very surprised at how good this show turned out to be. Now that the TV shows are in their mid season break here are my pros and cons to Modern Family so you can decide for yourself if it’s worth tuning into when they return around January or February.

I’ll start off with what I liked about this TV show first. What I like about

Modern Family is that it’s an original show, it’s a take on what today’s families, especially American ones, are really like and what they have to go through day to day. I know it sounds like a reality show and the show is sort of down like a reality show with better lighting. I love the diversity of the casts, and although it’s unlikely that any family is that diverse I thought it was a great concept anyway. I liked that the gay couples are so different in their personality and how they want to raise their adopted Vietnamese baby. The ...

• grandfather in all of this is married to a younger woman, Latin, and her son lives with them. The other couple had three kids, very suburban but it shows how different they parent their children. It’s hilarious really, how the dad’s trying to be cool while the mother does any real parenting. The three families are related by the way, which makes it even more interesting. I thought that the casts worked very well together, have great chemistry.

Modern Family gets funnier every episode because it’s bringing into light the every day issues that real couples like them have to go

through but add a dramatic, comical twist to it. The only downside is that I wish the show was longer than just thirty minutes. I also don’t find the grandpa and his new wife and step son to be all that interesting. The straight couple with three kids are kind of boring too, the only interesting couple are the gay ones, and the only time the other two are interesting are when they’re all together.

Overall, I thought that Modern Family was a unique and entertaining show. It’s one of my favorites so far and would recommend tuning in and giving it a try.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10412910360331/k2311a124/12.4.09