Windows 7  » Software  »
  • I've been using Mac OSX for the past few years because I absolutely despised Windows Vista, however I was genuinely surprised and impressed with Windows 7
  • For the low cost of upgrading along with the ease of upgrading, at least from Windows Vista, I would recommend Windows 7
  • Just make sure that if you're a student you sign-up for the student version which I believe only costs around $40
  • It's a great deal and one of the best things Microsoft has done in awhile

• by Mike D

I’ve been using Mac OSX for the past few years because I absolutely despised Windows Vista, however I was genuinely surprised and impressed with Windows 7.

Windows 7 has everything good about Windows Vista, like the appearance and advanced desktop control, and the stability of Windows XP. I have

a 32-bit version of Windows 7 running on a computer with a 2.2 Ghz processor and 4GB of RAM and I have found that it runs better than Windows Vista on the same computer.

Programs open much faster and you don’t always get those annoying pop-up messages every time you open something. I haven’t had a program crash yet or the computer freeze. This used to happen all the time with Vista.

So far a lot of devices are supported by Windows 7 and there is even a legacy mode which helps out. The only ...

• Windows 7
      thing I had trouble installing was a driver for a scanner, but little things like that are expected and will probably be worked out soon.

For the low cost of upgrading along with the ease of upgrading, at least from Windows Vista, I would recommend Windows 7. Things work

better and faster and it’s always fun to play around with a new operating system. Just make sure that if you’re a student you sign-up for the student version which I believe only costs around $40. It’s a great deal and one of the best things Microsoft has done in awhile.

Windows 7

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 30412910330331/k2311a124/12.4.09