Star Trek Nemesis
  • And, compared to other Star Trek movies, I think it is one of the weaker ones

• by Steve

I was home sick yesterday and found myself watching Star Trek Nemesis for the first time in several years. I has been a long time since I last saw the movie so I had no memory of what it was about.

And, compared to other Star Trek movies, I think it is one of the weaker

ones.

But, it still managed to be somewhat entertaining.

Basically, Captain Picard and his crew have to contend with a new Romulan ruler who is not only human, he is a clone of Picard.

They have to face their nemesis before he enters Federation territory and attempts to destroy all the federation planets.

The movie is ...

• OK but there is a lot more build up than actual action in the film; though that final battle (which includes the Enterprise ramming the enemy ship) is definitely something that will keep you on the edge of your seat.

That part at the end, with Data dying, is a bit sad.

It reminds me a

bit of when Spock dies in the second Star Trek movie.

In fact, there is a bit of a tribute to that when Data creates a bit of a legacy by giving his brother, B-4, the ability to grow like he did.

If nothing else, it was a good way to kill a couple hours while lying on the couch sick.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11312910090731/k2311a123/12.3.09